Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple section views created on top of each other

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bryan
1640 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple section views created on top of each other

When I create multiple section views they all create on top of each other. I am sampling existing ground, corridor surfaces and a corridor. The corridor file is xrefed into a XS drawing. This is not a group plot style issue or template issue or anything related to the section settings. If I remove the corridor from the sampled sources the section views are created just fine, When I sample the corridor, it all goes to hell. These are C3D 2014 drawings being used with C3D 2014.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bryan
in reply to: bryan

Another one.

stacked corridor sections.jpg

Message 3 of 5
hencoop
in reply to: bryan

There is an issue (unresolved problem) related to raster plot devices being assigned to the layout of the drawing the sections are created in.  If you don't have a raster plotter assigned to your layout then this unresolved problem can't be the cause.

The nature of this issue does point to how integrally connected the graphic layout of sections is to the plot settings in the drawing they are created in and it suggests that the cause may be related to those settings.

Just FYI:

The manifestation of this problem caused by assigning a raster plot device is that all layout dimensions are 12X too small.  The sections themselves are correct but their positions are 1/12th the distance apart that they should have been.  The labels are also 1/12th the size they are intended to be.  The labels will be appropriately sized in model space but when viewed through a floating viewport in Paper Space they will resize automatically to 1/12th of the size that they appeared in model space.  Switching from a raster plot device to a non-raster plot device will cause the layout of the sections to change positions without changing any other settings.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 4 of 5

This happens when the section view doesn't fit on the sheet. I'd shrink the width on those section views and then update the layout check what happens. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 5 of 5

Good thoughts, but neither did the trick.

Then there's this problem. "Jumping" sections:

JumpingSections.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report