Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot one Section View per 8.5x11 sheet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MikeL83
540 Views, 3 Replies

How to plot one Section View per 8.5x11 sheet

I am in the process of setting up standards for my department.  My goal is to able users to plot each section view (at each station) on a 8.5x11 sheet (one section per sheet).  When creating "Multiple section views" it allows the user to choose a placement based on a section template and "Group Plot Style".  I've created a section template with a 8.5x11 landscape & portrait layout and section viewport.  I've tinkered with the group plot styles, but it only let's you choose to layout by row or column.  I need an option that says "one per sheet".  

I know this is an unusual request, but we are comparing sections by station and it makes it very easy to simply page down in a pdf between sheets to see changes in as-build conditions.

Thanks ahead of time,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: MikeL83

Hi Mike,

Use Plan Production tools. See the Annotate tab of the Ribbon. This feature will create your sheets automatically, one section per sheet if you wish, either inside the current drawing or in outside drawings.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
MikeL83
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks Tim.  That is the solution, but now another issue came up that i've been stuck on- what spacing do I use for the "Group Plot Styles"?  It would be nice if there was an option "one per sheet" but I know this is not a common issue.  The closest i've came is using 11" columns and 8.5" row (landscape).  But when plotting with my 11x8.5 section template, it places 3 rows per sheet.  Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 4
cwr-pae
in reply to: MikeL83

When creating your section views set a user specified height under elevation range.

The height should be greater than or equal to 1/2 your page height at the intended scale:

8.x11 in landscape with 1" margins gives a  minimum height of 3.25". at a scale of 1:10 that would be section height of at least 32.5'  and a maximum of 65'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report