Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation crash

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jonathan.jones
1758 Views, 8 Replies

Geolocation crash

I have a file setup with insets so show my projects location. I've successfully selected a datum and can get maps to show within my viewport. Whenever I try to capture the area or viewport it crashes Civil3d everytime.

We're current on service packs and the error code leads to no answers. Any ideas or troubleshooting to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

can you upload your drawing with a minimum on geometry so we can try on our systems your drawing and so your settings?

Please let us know your operating system, your graphic card and driver too.

>> Whenever I try to capture the area or viewport it crashes

What exception message do you get?

And when you try to capture the areal image in model-space ... does Civil 3D then crash too?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

Good morning,

Attached is the file. I just tried to capture it again this morning and it continues to crash.

I'm running Windows 7 pro 64-bit with NVIDIA Quadro K600. The last time i spoke with our in-house IT guy we verified that the most recent driver from the NVIDIA site is installed. I have pulled the applicable driver from the AutoDesk website and am waiting for verification of its installation as well. The driver version listed as currently installed is 9.18.13.4084.

It crashes in viewport with both capture options, and in model with capture area. The entire program crashes and gives me an error message.

A sample of the error messages:

Fatal error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 exception at 8d430e8dh
Fatal error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 exception at 8d440e2dh
Fatal error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 exception at 8cd917cdh

Fatal error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 8c3d091dh

Thanks,

Jon

Message 4 of 9

Jon -

Just moved to 2015 and I'm having the exact same issue.  Did you ever get it figured out?

Thanks,

Mike

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

>> Just moved to 2015 and I'm having the exact same issue.

Same operating system? Same graphic card? Same (exactly same) message in the command line window?

Also with a new drawing and a new position (geogrpahic position)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 9

Sorry.  You got me Smiley Wink.  C3D 2015 (64-bit) on Win 7 Pro x64, NVIDIA Quadro FX 580.

When I do a capture area or capture viewport, I get a fatal error with a message the same as the Jon's examples.  The exception location varies everytime as he's noted.

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

>> C3D 2015 (64-bit) on Win 7 Pro x64, NVIDIA Quadro FX 580.

I have tried now

• Civil 3D 2015, 64bit German SP1 on Win 8 (on nVidia GTX780M)
  • Civil 3D 2015, 64bit English SP1 on Win7 (on VmWare virtual graphic)

And don't have issues with the drawing uploaded by Jonathan

I have tried to capture for a viewport, to capture a window, not any issue with that.

So it might depend on connection to internet, to Bingmaps, might be depending on your Windows user-profile or AutoCAD profile, ahrd to say now what is the source of the problem. Maybe you try to login to your Windows with another user account and try then the same dawing or another drawing and see then if the issue is the same or not.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 9

I retested with the Drawings uploaded by Jonathan, but I do not see any issues or crash while taking snapshot of the Map.

Please make sure that Geolocation Hotfix patch for 2014 or 2015 is installed on your machines.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Thanks

Nitya

Nitya.Mishra
Sr.Product Owner
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 9 of 9

Jonathan,

I'm not sure if you ever got this to work or not, but I think I figured out my issue (need to test on another machine to be sure).  We use ProjectWise for document management.  When I uninstalled its AutoCAD integration module, the capture area/viewport feature started working.  Thought I'd offer it on the off chance you guys also use PW. 

Good luck,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report