Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically linked Vertically offseted Design Profile?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LeafRiders
720 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamically linked Vertically offseted Design Profile?

I have a design profile and now I want to create one that's linked to it but have it 0.5m lower than the profile I just laid out. Is there a way to do this? I'd like to keep them dynamically linked so when i manipulate the 1st profile it will drop the 0.5m lower profile. In theory this would be a great feature to have in CIvil 3D. I'm just not sure it's been built into the software at this point.  Thanks.

At this point I will likely need to copy the profile and drop it 0.5m in elevation with edit geometry. Not ideal considering when I adjust the main profile I'll need to redo that process to show the profile 0.5m lower than my main design profile. (used as a side slope target).

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: LeafRiders

This is not something built in to C3D just yet. It IS something available available in a 3rd party app if that would interest you. http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_DLThreeLineProf.htm

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

As a Sincpac user, it's well worth the few $$$. Awesome tools!

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 6
LeafRiders
in reply to: Jeff_M

Does this run in 2012, 2013, and how long do they take to get this into a current version considering 2014 is only a few months away. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

There are versions for C3D 2007-2013. With the exception of SincpacC3D 2013, all were ready within weeks of the base C3D release (we start working on support as soon as we get a copy of the software from ADN). 2013 was delayed a few months due to a number of changes made to how we communicate with C3D, AutoCAD, and .NET in general. We don't anticipate any major issues moving on to 2014.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

@LeafRiders wrote:

<snip>....considering 2014 is only a few months away. Thanks.

Pretty ballsy with all the bellyaching I'm hearing about 13

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report