Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Sections Stacking on Top of Eachother

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ajpassfield
4657 Views, 3 Replies

Cross Sections Stacking on Top of Eachother

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to creating cross sections and was just trying to figure it out for the first time. I'm using C3D 2012. I've gone through the process of creating the sample lines and the the section views using 'create multiple views'. However they've all come out stacked on top of eachother. (Please see photo attached)

I was thinking that it must be a scale issue somewhere along the line and I am sure it's a simple fix, but I can't seem to find the solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: ajpassfield

When you create multiple section views they are organized on the screen using something called a sheet style.  The sheet is sized to suit a particular size of paper, with settings for margins on all four sides and a grid.  The section views are placed on the grid based on your settings for spaces between them etc.

The sheet in modelspace is sized to suit the current scale, so if yours is very small then the sheets are too small to fit even a single section and they aren't placed properly.  I can see the small green rectangle on the lower left of your section views which I suspect is your sheets.  Try increasing your modelspace scale and see if the rectangle gets bigger.  If it does then select one of the section views, right-click and use the Update Section View Layout command.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
craftygenius
in reply to: sboon

It is not a scale issue!!!
Message 4 of 4

It also happens when the sections are too wide for the sheet style. Making the section views smaller than what the section sheet wants will remove the stacking as well. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report