Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th Generation Mr. Sid Image Compatability

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
C_William_Lee
1134 Views, 9 Replies

4th Generation Mr. Sid Image Compatability

I was speeking with a sales rep from Lizard Tech the other day about purchasing conversion software.  She mentioned that AutoCAD products would be compatable with 4 gen. sid images with the 2017 release.  When I replyed, "Really?" she started acting like maybe she shouldn't have said anything.  

Can anybody either confirm or deny 4th gen .sid compatabillity of 2017?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: C_William_Lee

@C_William_Lee wrote:

Can anybody either confirm or deny 4th gen .sid compatabillity of 2017?

no 2017 is in beta and under NDA

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
C_William_Lee
in reply to: DarrenP

I was under the impression that it would be released sometime in march for those with a subscription.
Message 4 of 10

Typically, those in the know are prohibited from talking about what they know.  So don't expect that those here, who are beta testing any future products, to be forthcoming with information that would violate their Non Disclosure Agreements.

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 5 of 10

That's understandable.  My supervisors are asking me to see what I can find out.  If I post the question and nobody answers  at least I have something to report to them.

Message 6 of 10

Go to Beta.Autodesk.com and sign up for the Civil 3D beta. They usually provide entry to anyone and then you can download the beta and check it out or aask in the forums on the beta.autodesk.com site and they will be able to provide an answer.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 7 of 10

It's now April, we must be very close to the release of version 2017. Can anyone give an update whether or not the Generation 4 MrSid images are compatible with 2017?

Thank you.

Message 8 of 10

I just downloaded  and installed Civil 3D 2017 and Raster 2017 today.  Supprise Supprise, there is still no support for 4th gen Mr. Sid files. 😞

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

So still no word from Autodesk on this issue.  Meanwhile we are left with a flagship civil design / gis mapping application without support for one of the most wide spread image file formats in our industry.

Would someone from Autodesk please respond to this?  Give your paying customers some explanation to why this is, you owe them at least that much.

Message 10 of 10
KDAddison

Any answer on this?  I have C3D2023 and 4th generation sid files don't load not one byte.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report