Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xsect 2 Surf

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
garrett_wynne
4006 Views, 35 Replies

Xsect 2 Surf

Hello all,

I have a new desktop that I am now using with Civil 3d, but I am lacking the Xsect2Surf tool, and the link from the fellas that created is bad.  Does anybody have the original *.exe file to install on my desktop?

Thanks,

Garrett

Tags (1)
35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
neilyj666
in reply to: garrett_wynne

This should do it - rename to a .zip

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 36
garrett_wynne
in reply to: neilyj666

Thank you for sending.

I am getting an error that will not allow Civil 3d to load it.  Basically, I am installing per the Readme, but I am getting errors as below:

Command: NETLOAD
Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\Xsect2Surf2014.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\Xsect2Surf2014.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
   at loadmgd()

Message 4 of 36
Jeff_M

tHE FILE IS BLOCKED. Oops. Delete the files you extracted from the zip, then find the zip file, right-click, choose Properties. On the General tab, near the bottom, will be a button labeled Unblock, click it then exit properties. Now extract the files as you previously did.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 36
garrett_wynne
in reply to: Jeff_M

Bingo...Thank you very much....Kudos to you both!

Message 6 of 36
martincote
in reply to: Jeff_M

I Jeff,

It's been a while since you posted it, but is there a version of that XSECT2SURF planned for 2016 ?

Message 7 of 36
neilyj666
in reply to: martincote

Hopefully I've got the right @wes.newman so assuming I have is there any chance of updating the code so it runs in 2016?

Attached is the error that appears when attempting to run the 2015 dll after NETLOADing.

2015-08-26 21_43_16-Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 - [Drawing1.dwg].jpg

Many thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 36
wes.newman

I just got a new machine and need to install Visual Studio.

I'll get an updated version posted this week.

Wes

Message 9 of 36
neilyj666

Excellent - many thanks

EESignature

Message 10 of 36
wes.newman

Here is a version compiled on 2016.

Looks like there was a change in 2015 SP2 to the ResolveEventHandler which is causing the load issue.
The attached dll has resolved the serilazation problem.

-Wes

Message 11 of 36
neilyj666
in reply to: wes.newman

Thanks again - I can certainly get the correct dialog appearing in 2016 but not got anything to test on at present

EESignature

Message 12 of 36
jensdragonfly

Does anyone have a 2015 Version?  I cannot seem to find one that works. 

Message 13 of 36
wes.newman
in reply to: jensdragonfly

Jennifer,

The 2015 version no longer works due to a change in the API in one of the Service Packs.

I've made the needed adjustments and recompiled on 2016, which is the one posted earlier in the thread.

Apologies as I don't have 2015 installed to update that version of the tool.

-Wes

Message 14 of 36
jensdragonfly

Thank you for getting back with me.  

Message 15 of 36
dlopes

Just downloaded and extracted the 2016 version, I did a NETLOAD of the extension, but when I type in the command xsect2surf, nothing shows up

I'm on 2016 SP2 what could be causing the issue for it not to load?

Message 16 of 36
dlopes
in reply to: dlopes

Figured out the issue, it was due to the blocking in the propeties.

Any news on the 2017 version of this?

Message 17 of 36
guidobonin
in reply to: dlopes

Hey Autodesk,

come on: why don't you put it on the product (power tools?)?

Sometime we have to do incredible things because of the missing model, and this kind of tools are really handy

Come on

Message 18 of 36
farquher

Hi! 

I'm so sorry to piggyback on this question, but do you have the original installer for this tool? I've tried to get it, but the link has been taken down from the original site. This tool looks so incredibly helpful!

Thanks so much!!!

Message 19 of 36
farquher

Do you know if this will work on 2017? I'm getting an Unknown Command message after i load the dll

Message 20 of 36
Umit.Arslan

Hi

I have C3D 2018.How can i use this tool on C3D 2018?

Thank you

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report