Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Graphics

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
ToddRogers-WPM
1093 Views, 28 Replies

Weird Graphics

This is happening in 2016 and 2017. It happens in Civil 3D and AutoCAD. It only happens on images. It happens on attached images, and the built in Bing imagery. I have tried updating the graphics driver, turn on/off hardware acceleration, jacked with NVIDIA settings, etc. It only happens on this machine. Works fine on others. 

8-17-2016 8-35-13 AM.png

Todd Rogers
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29

Keep in mind @AllenJessup, this is vanilla AutoCAD SP1 2017, and not the C3D SP1 2017.  I still have the C3D one installed.

Todd Rogers
Message 22 of 29

OK. I was just checking and didn't see any problem with Civil 3D.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 29

Another weird anomaly about this too, is that is would also print those weird lines.

Todd Rogers
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

I am having the same problems witn imagery (tiff or ecw files) in Civil3D 2016 for a couple of weeks and I haven't been able to fix it, Bing imagery seems fine, no problems at least for now. I have service pack 3 installed and imagery issues are there weather I have it installed or uninstalled.

I am using:

Intel Xeon Processor E5-1650 v 3 (Six Core HT, 15MB Cache, 3.5GHz Turbo)

Nvidia Quadro K4200 4GB

32GB (4x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RDIM M ECC

500GB SSD

DUAL MONITORS: DELL 1908FP / DELL 1905FP

Can't seem able to fix my problem, please help.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a print screen of what's happening in my computer

Message 26 of 29
ToddRogers-WPM

Uninstall AUTOCAD SP1, not Civil SP1.

Todd Rogers
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Ok, I unistalled SP1 from AutoCAD, same issues.

Restarted pc and still having same issues with imagery in Civil3D 2016.

I have the IDSP 2016 installed.

When I print an image, these weird graphic colors also get printed.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous

Ok guys, I was able to fix my graphics issue without the need to uninstall my IDSP 2016 suite.

Since I had all of the service packs and hot fixes up to date for all of my Autodesk modules (3ds Max, AutoCAD, Map, Civil3D, etc...) I did a comparison with another pc here at the office that doesn't have these graphics issues. Turns out that the other pc (no graphics issues) is not up to date with Autodesk's SP's and hot fixes, I began to I uninstall a copule of features so it would match the same features as the pc with no graphics issues..

Product features removed:

3ds Max 2016 SP4 and SP3

AutoCAD 2016 SP2

AutoCAD 2016 Hotfix 4

Probably by removing AutoCAD 2016 SP2 and Hotfix 4 would've done it. I wanted to get it right at the first time so I removed them all to match the pc that had no issues.

Thank you all for your posts, they were very helpful

Luis

Message 29 of 29

Have you folks tried installing either of these hotfixes?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/map-3d-201703...

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report