Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface style true colors

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
zottt
1175 Views, 8 Replies

Surface style true colors

I want to create an elevation surface style with the use of true colors (not 1-256) so it won't interfere with my plot style. Every time I create a new surface I have to adjust the colors within the surface properties. Is there a better workaround?
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: zottt

Surface styles are separate from surfaces. Once you make the style you want, you can apply it to any existing or future surface, in that DWG file.

If you are dealing with multiple DWG files, then you need to create the style in a template file, and use that template as your starting point.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
zottt

Yes, I understand that, but I want a surface style that is based on true colors instead of the colors 1-256. (Green's, hydro, rainbow etc) are all based on colors 1-256, so they interfere with our or styles. It would be nice if it was based on True Color.
Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain

I don't understand what the problem is.  You can assign truecolors to the components of a surface style.

color1.png

color2.png

Message 5 of 9
zottt
in reply to: rkmcswain

Good morning,

Thanks for your reply!

I've created a screencast which shows the problem. I hope it is clear to you know.

Message 6 of 9
rkmcswain

So what you want to edit are the color schemes.

This document seems to explain it, but I can't find the file it speaks of, and I have 2014, 2016, and 2017 installed. Also, it sort of implies it's limited to the ACI colors.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

After further review, it looks like this applies to older versions such as 2007, 2008.

Maybe one of the two solutions here could help?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/custom-color-range-for-surface-elevations/td-p...

Message 7 of 9
jrauch
in reply to: rkmcswain

This is a bit obscure, but there's a tool in the Germany country kit that may help you. If you have access to country kits, download Germany and find the tool in the Toolspace Toolbox. Hope this helps!

-John J. Rauch, P.E.
Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M

The tools that @rkmcswain and @jrauch mentioned are useful, and there are others a bit more robust (more analysis types are supported) available, RedTrabsitConsultants has one in the app store, the Sincpac-C3D add-on has them included. however, if you are ok with the colors but just need them to be TrueColor instead of ACI, as the Analyses all create, then the new tool added to the Sincpac may be of interest. It was just added, today, at the request of a customer, so it's not available for use just yet, but will be soon.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 9
OLBALOO

is there a link to this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report