Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale alignment and stations from WGS to LL84

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
izzybabur
331 Views, 3 Replies

Scale alignment and stations from WGS to LL84

Hi,

I have an alignment and stations that are in WGS84 Pseudo.Mercator and I would like to bring it into Lat Longs LL84. I would like to inspect some key stations in LL84, specifically distance to start of alignment in LL84 (The alignment length should shrink when it is transformed to LL84). Is this possible? 

The best way to imagine it is perhaps taking my alignment with all the station labels, bringing it into Google Earth and measuring the distances to my key stations in Google Earth (not a very accurate method). I basically want to do that workflow, but in Civil 3D. 

I tried ADEQUERY, but it doesn't seem to help. 

Any help or suggestions would be awesome. 

Thanks,

izzy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: izzybabur

ADEQUERY is a path you could take, but you will want to explode the alignment down to a polyline first. ADEQUERY does not support Civil 3D objects.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
izzybabur
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. If I explode the alignment, will I lose the station data? If not, will all the station data come in as text in ADEQUERY?

Thanks,

izzy

Message 4 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: izzybabur

Hello Izzy,

Explode the labels first. They will now be a block. Explode again and they will be Mtext. Mtext can be queried.

Explode the alignment. It will be a block. Explode again, it will be lines and arcs. Use Pedit to join back into a polyline. The polyline can be queried. (Actually, you don't have to do the join if you don't need a polyline, because the lines and arcs can be queried.)

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report