Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2018 Geotechnical module problem with importing data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
922 Views, 3 Replies

C3D 2018 Geotechnical module problem with importing data

Attached is a sample bore hole data.

Can you help me to solve this problem (See my attached procedure specifically in step no 4).

The bore hole Data is not inserting in my drawing.

I'm using Geotechnical module using Civil 3d 2018. thanks.

@BushW has edited your subject line for clarity: problem importing borehole data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Use the default format which is documented in the help here http://assist.keynetix.com/Content/Pages/GeoTechModule/UserGuides/CSV%20Default%20Mapping.htm 

All I had to do is rename the files and use the correct headers, see the attached, and it imported fine.

Regards

Gary

Message 3 of 4
mramseur
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello.

I just got upgraded to AutoCAD 2018 Civil 3D and connected the 2018 Geotechnical module.  I reviewed most of the Geotechnical modules from Keynetix that were available earlier this year and downloaded your .csv templates from the earlier post.  Since I'm using 2018 and just starting to use the geotechnical module, is there an extra column that we need to insert (Final Depth) in the location details .csv file for 2018?  Also, do we need to always use positive elevations for the Ground Level column or will it work for negative elevations?

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mramseur

Hi 

We do not plot the final depth so there is no need to enter it.

Always use positive numbers.   If you want an inverted borehole, use the orientation and inclination table and set the inclination to -90

You will get an upside down hole, not sure if that's what you want.

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report