Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Labels - Dragged State texts are in wrong order.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
rkmin
3436 Views, 12 Replies

Point Labels - Dragged State texts are in wrong order.

In Civil 3d 2013, my points appear as follows with Point # on top, elevation in the middle and description at the bottom.

Picture1.png

But when I drag the label, it changes the order of the labels to Description on top, point # in the middle and elevation at the bottom.

Picture2.png

How do I make the dragged state labels appear in the same order as the first picture?

Also, how can I keep the colors from picture #1 (red, yellow, green) into the dragged state labels as well?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmin

Dragged state labels set to "Stacked Text" are displayed in the same order in which the components are added to the label.

Stacked Text can only take on the color of the Dragged State color property.

In order to have the best of both worlds, you really need multiple styles, one for dragging to the right, and one for dragging to the left.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 13
rkmin
in reply to: Jeff_M

Is there a way to change the order of the components after the fact?

Message 4 of 13
wfberry

Compose a new label style in the order you want.  If you have them in a point goup, just change to the new style in your point group.

Bill

Message 5 of 13
rkmin
in reply to: wfberry

I have created a Point Label Style in the order that I want.  It's when I drag the point is where the label then becomes rearranged.  I'm not sure how to edit the dragged state component to so that even when dragged, the labels still appear in the Point #-Elevation-Description order.

Message 6 of 13
Jeff_M

Or, just edit the style they now use, delete all the text components except the one you want 'first', then add the other 2 in the correct order. It takes less time than making a forum post....really, it is pretty quick.

EESignature
Message 7 of 13
Jeff_M

@rkmin wrote:

I have created a Point Label Style in the order that I want.  It's when I drag the point is where the label then becomes rearranged.  I'm not sure how to edit the dragged state component to so that even when dragged, the labels still appear in the Point #-Elevation-Description order.

You can't edit the dragged state components, it uses the Text Components in the exact order in which they were added to the style...not the order they are set to display in which can be altered by adjusting their anchors/offsets/attachment points.

EESignature
Message 8 of 13
rkmin

I think I got it now. I had to make a copy of the component and then delete it from the top of the list.

I think this is what you guys were trying to tell me. Smiley Tongue

It was a little hard to visualize the process but after dinking around, I see what you were trying to tell me, Jeff_M.  Thank you.

Message 9 of 13
fourty9ers4life

So Autodesk won't allow the Dragged state colors to be manipulated?

Message 10 of 13
hencoop
in reply to: fourty9ers4life

The easiest way to keep the composed layout for any style in the dragged state is to set the display "As Composed".

This will preserve the order and the colors.

You will still need separate styles for left and right attached leaders.

AsComposed.jpg

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 11 of 13
rene.garcia9KHY6
in reply to: hencoop

Geez... 10 years later and dragged labels still can't be controlled by the General tab's 'Anchor component', setting. 

And can only be controlled by creation order.

On the flip side... still cant put a single 'border' around a non 'drag state' label with multiple 'component names' defined within (will put a border around each 'component name' text and looks awful.), but can put a single border' around the same label for it's 'drag state'. (a single frame around all the text; as it should be).

So...if you want a frame around all the text, 'As composed' for drag state will not look good...

Message 12 of 13
mbickelVMG55

Jeff M, 

Thank you for explaining the unguessable psychosis of the label maker. 

There is now a "Copy Component" button. Use it to copy in the correct order. You will have to re-name them something other than the original, even if you delete the original. You may have to re-set the anchors also.

Then, use "STACKED TEXT"; For other colored text, go inside the "Contents" box of the component, click the "format" tab, and change the color of the text there. Change the color also for the component. Unfortunately it will be hard coded to a color, not to a layer. But you can still have some colors in the stacked text.

Message 13 of 13
Neilw_05

I raised this question quite a while ago. Looks like you figured it out the same way. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/re-order-label-style-components/m-p/4663569

The "As Composed" option is useless in my experience.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report