Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Production Sheets and missing layer filters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sfore
193 Views, 5 Replies

Plan Production Sheets and missing layer filters

I'm using civil 3d 2016. Using the Plan Production Tools, I created my sheets with the following option toggled 'All layouts in one new drawing'.

It went thru its thing with creating the drawing, Data References and xref's . I opened up the newly created dwg and everything was there including all my layouts for the sheets, but I noticed my layer filters were missing in my layer manager. My design template contains a lot of layer filters. The drawing in question does have all my styles and layers. It just doesn't have layer filters.

Has anyone else noticed this same problem?

Its like it didn't create this new drawing totally from my design dwt. Seems like the drawing was created from the plan/profile dwt, but that dwt doesn't have any styles or layers in it except layers for the border sheets. So if this new drawing was in deed created from the plan/profile dwt, why do I have all my normal layers and styles in it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cwr-pae
in reply to: sfore

Did the layer filters exist in both the drawing the sheets were created from and the template read for the sheet creation?

I'm not sure from which file settings are drawn from but I do know sheet creation takes settings from both the drawing and the template. I think only the paperspace layouts come from the template during sheet creation and everything else from the source drawing, but don't hold me to that.

I always create a new drawing and data shortcut and xref everything in myself, then create sheets in that file to get what I want more consistently. Maybe not the best work flow but it works for me.

Message 3 of 6
sfore
in reply to: cwr-pae

I normally do what you do, but today I thought I would try a different route.

My design drawing was created from my design dwt and it has all my styles, layers and layer filters in it. 

My plan/profile dwt does not have layer filters or styles (except standard) in it. It only contains layouts with borders and viewports for various scales.

In my design drawing, I have a data reference of EG and I basically laid out my forcemain alignment and used it to create my view frames and a 13,000' length profile. I created a data shortcut of alignment, profile and view frames. Then I created sheets to a new drawing from my design drawing. It created the new drawing with xrefs and drefs plus layouts.

I opened it up to make sure my plan and profile sheets were cut and to see if it created split station profiles of the master profile. It did but upon further checking, I noticed my layer filters weren't there. I know I can import my layer filters, but I wanted to understand exactly how and what source this newly created drawing derived from.

Message 4 of 6
sfore

I think I may have figured it out. I created the sheets again....

The dialog for Creating Sheets Progress said it was copying styles and settings as one of the first steps, then said creating xrefs and data references. So I think the newly created drawing was pulled from the plan/profile dwt and all my styles and settings were copied into it. That explains why in my scale list, I only show the available scales that are in my plan/profile dwt rather than all the available scales that is in my normal design dwt.

Message 5 of 6
cwr-pae
in reply to: sfore

Now I want to know the source Smiley Happy So import the layer filters to your PnP dwt (or a new temporary dwt) and recreate the sheets (just 1 in new drawing will work) and see if layer filters are imported automatically.

edit. Looks like you were a step ahead. Now we know where it pulls styles, scales, layer filters, etc. from.

Message 6 of 6
sfore

Confirmed...I brought in layer filters to my plan/profile dwt and recreated the sheets into a separate drawing. I opened up that drawing and walaa, my layer filters were there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report