Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no Block attributes in civil 3d label?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Yonas89
951 Views, 9 Replies

no Block attributes in civil 3d label?

Hello, 

I have created a block with attributes which can be modify through look up parameter. However when I choose this block to be used as Alignment station label there are no attributes left. I believe it is not possible to use dynamic block as Civil 3d labels but I hope you will prove me I am wrong. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Pointdump
in reply to: Yonas89

Jonas,

"...not possible to use dynamic block as Civil 3d labels..."

Nope. It sure would be nice though. Cross your fingers for 2017.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 10
Yonas89
in reply to: Pointdump

Honestly, I don't expect that. I saw similiar post from 2010 and as I suppose nothing has been done since then

Message 4 of 10
rl_jackson

@Yonas89

And I doubt there every will.

What exactly are you trying to get in the dynamic block. Might it be some that could be done with reference text, or some other addition in a label style?

Maybe someone out here has had a similar problem an has a solution or workaround.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Yonas89
in reply to: rl_jackson

What I am doing is that I use add alignment label option to show my road signs in plan. Every road sign is defined by block which is then used in label.

There is a type of sign which is built in every kilometer or mile (don't know how is it called in English but I hope you undestand what I mean). 

It usually has 2 numbers both showing the distance from the start and the end of the road respectively. 

I know I could perhaps use reference text from alignment and and a station value for one distance but usually the actual place of these signs does not match with the station of alignment. And the other problem is when my project involves just a part of the road, distance to the end would not be calculated because the end of my alignment would not extend to the end of actual road.

Thus I have created dynamic block with an ability to choose any number i want, thus I could easily modify it.  

Please let me know if there exists another way to do it. 

Message 6 of 10
rl_jackson

That information could probably be done with a project specific UDP where you start sation is a know kilomete/mile marker value and you want to reqort the next value at the sign. Just a thought.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Yonas89
in reply to: rl_jackson

Could you be more specific?

Message 8 of 10
Pointdump

Jonas,

Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but Map Features can use Attributes very well indeed. Here's one example:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/EN...

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 9 of 10
rl_jackson

Yes you can do this with a UDP in you station lable or station offset label.

So you know that you starting station is X mile or kilometer so you just need to creat an equation, that would convert you starting station to X miles or kilometers.

I'm working on an expression now. just a little busy at the moment. But this seems very possible.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Yonas89
in reply to: Pointdump

Oh, thanks. Honestly  I am not very good with Map 3D features, thus I have to try it. I will let you know how it works. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report