Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Grading

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
212 Views, 7 Replies

Multiple Grading

Hi All,

Could you please assist me, my 'toes' are intersecting and i need to create one clean smooth model, i am using multiple site with one surface, any ideas pleas....

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

Place them all in one site and the toes should merge in the order you created them.

Same site and object interact.

Different site means they do not iinnteract.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi there, thank you so much for your reply, much appreciated, it worked perfectly.

I have a few more questions if you dont mind please...

I am busy designing a roundhead for a causeway and i’m not sure what steps to take as it is multi platformed with slopes, can you please assist...

Also, my pipe network catalogue is empty and i need to place a pipe under my causeway, I’m using C3D 2017, any ideas please?

Thank you so much for your assistance

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

I am not a big fan of gradings due to reliabilty.

Backup copy and save your file often.

In general I try to grade out and up from the bottom of a design.

With the pipe networks, go to the ribbon's home tab, click the chevron arrow on the Create Design panel to expose the hidden commands. Click the Set Pipe Network Catalog and make sure it is pointing to the correct path and that you catalog exists at that path. By default the path is,

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D <version>\enu\Pipes Catalog

DEfault paths may change due to Windows and acad versions.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hello, it worked perfectly, thank you so much.

I have another question if you dont mind please... I am busy designing a roundhead for a causeway and i’m not sure what steps to take as it is multi platformed with slopes, can you please assist me... (scan attached)

Also, my pipe network catalogue is empty and i need to place a pipe under my causeway, I’m using C3D 2017, any ideas please? (screenshot attached)

Thank you so much for your assistance, it is much appreciated.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thank you John, much appreciated, let me give it a go and I will get back to you to let you know how it goes... thank you

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi John, sorry to bug, if i'm Grading from the bottom up, how do i fill the 'gaps' for the 4.5m, 5m and 3m flat parts please?

Message 8 of 8
jmayo-EE

Create additional feature lines to close the areas and create infills in each closed area

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report