Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to the workflow in creating custom subasemeblies.....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doni49
179 Views, 3 Replies

Improvements to the workflow in creating custom subasemeblies.....

IMHO the whole workflow is in dire need of a total re-think as the current iteration is completely unusable unless you're a one-person-shop.

Following is a suggestion I posted on the Ideastation.  I'd rather not see it get archived (not added to the roadmap for future versions) due to lack of community support so I'm here to ask for some votes.

Some background information:

The reason the current workflow requires you to import your subassembly on every PC that will view a dwg file using that SA is that the SA actually contains VisualBasic code (programming).  Windows security requires VB code to be installed at the system level which means that it has to be added to every PC.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/sac-within-c3d/idi-p/5580901

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: doni49

There's also the issue with the current workflow setup is that help files for custom subassemblies have to be CHM files, but CHM files cannot be used from a network due to Microsoft's idiotic stance that CHM files from a network are a security risk while EXE files aren't. This makes distributing a subassembly for multiple users even more difficult as the help file(s) needs to be installed on every machine. Keeping that up-to-date for every user is nigh impossible for a large firm.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: Cadguru42

I agree with you 100%.  And to add to that issue: when you are selecting the help file, one of the options is to use HTML file.  I made an HTML file and attached that to my custom SA.  My help file doesn't show up with the SA.  😞

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Bump.  Still looking for votes.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report