Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help importing a dwg to a dwt file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fishautodesk124
443 Views, 4 Replies

Help importing a dwg to a dwt file

Hello,

This is not really related to a highway project but a architectural project I am working on. I  have a dwt that I have downloaded from the web and a dwg file which I have received from my friend.

Basically the drawing template which is a arch d imperial dwt file 24"x36" and a dwg file is drawn to a 1:1 scale.

I want to try to place the dwg file into the template file and make the dwg inside the dwt file using  a architectural scale to fit within the dwt.

I will need to edit my dwt file but this can be done later.

Is it ok to post my questions here?

Thanks

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: fishautodesk124

Sure you can.

Dwt is just a drawing file with a special extension. Anything you can do in a dwg can be done in a dwt.

INSERT. Your file set the x and y scale to 12 ( assuming imperial ) and explode. Then ....

Wait a minute you want to maintain the integrity of the dwt. Star a file new from the big A , browse to the arch dwt, then insert and explode and go to work

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
wfberry

If you are trying to use an architectural drawing within a C3D drawing it may be like pushing a rope up a stream.  Many conflicts.

Bill

Message 4 of 5
fishautodesk124
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Joe-Bouza wrote:
Sure you can.

Dwt is just a drawing file with a special extension. Anything you can do in a dwg can be done in a dwt.

INSERT. Your file set the x and y scale to 12 ( assuming imperial ) and explode. Then ....

Wait a minute you want to maintain the integrity of the dwt. Star a file new from the big A , browse to the arch dwt, then insert and explode and go to work

Hi Joe Bouza,

I'll give that a try..

The problem I am having now is that I currently have a floor plan drawing which is a scale of 1:1 in feet. As you can see the arrows for

the dimensions are way to big. I went to the web and say that you can do a annotative scale which will make all the text, dimension, arrow all at the scale of 1:1

I have been trying to do this in autocad civil 3d 2012 for a couple of days but it never makes any changes. I was wondering if you have some time can you fix this for me?

Thanks

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

I feel bad. The advice I gave you assumed acad use and ignored the possibility of c3d.

As Bill pointed out useing c3d with arch units is no good

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report