Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of an intersection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fernandezfz21
185 Views, 2 Replies

creation of an intersection

Greetings, please help me with respect to the creation of an access, I would like you to explain step by step the use of the intersection command, for the creation of it.
Greetings and many thanks, attach the file cad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
M_c3d
in reply to: fernandezfz21

The intersection wizard is very straightforward to use;

1. To start, you need two alignments that intersect and each having a vertical profile
  2. At the point the alignments intersect, the vertical profiles must also meet at the same elevation
  3. Once you have these, start the intersection wizard
  4. The intersection wizard allows you to set the offset parameters (lane widths), corner radius parameters and lane cross fall parameters (its best to know these before starting)
  5. The intersection wizard will then create a corridor that can be edited further if required in tool space under intersections.

From your file it looks like your next step is to create the alignment for the access you require and then its vertical profile that ties into your main road

Message 3 of 3
Dexterel
in reply to: M_c3d

Making a intersection is no easy task. I don't think is realistically possible to explain everything on a forum.

Some tips: You have some problems on your surface. Add  top (or bottom) overhang correction to your surfaces. See attached image.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report