Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costum line types in 2015

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
kssnuggle
256 Views, 9 Replies

Costum line types in 2015

OK I have some linetypes files that for some reason shows the text off to the left side and not centered in the gap. How do I get the text to center horizontaly Along the line in the gap?

Dave Z.

The old geezer

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: kssnuggle

Hi Dave
When using complex line type; those with text. They are define in a file the assigns a text style. Most likely "standard" the definition also assigns the height of the text. Therefore, the text style in the drawing should have a height definition of 0. Check the style in the drawing.

Also. LT, PSLT & MSLTSCALE should be set to 1

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
kssnuggle

Joe
How does the text height effect the horiz. Position of the text in the in the defined gap.
Message 4 of 10
Pointdump

Dave Z,

Can you post those linetype files (text), or maybe a drawing with the miscreant linetypes? And a screen shot too. We'll see if we can beat those linetypes into submission.

Joe has the most probable reason.

Dave S

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Because the line type definition file also sets an offset relative to the text style insertion... so if the style is given a height in the drawing that offset is exassebated

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Joe-Bouza

exacerbate 😳

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
kssnuggle
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe/Dave

I have attached a dwg file and the *lin File.  The top 4 styles in the Lin file are the ones I am going bonkers over and can't get to work right.

The drawing files shows what I get in the drawing.

Sorry about the delay. Grandchild no 3. arrived.

Dave Z.

Message 8 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Hello Dave

Congrats on No.3! super

the line type file is like morse code

*ELEC UGE,electric line ---- UGE ---- UGE ---- UGE ---- <==============this part shows in the line type dialog
A,1.5,-.15,["UGE",Arial,S=.08,X=-0.100,Y=-0.04],-.15 <============ positive is line negative is gap

A,1.5,-.15,<============================================firs half of the line

["UGE",Arial,S=.08,X=-0.100,Y=-0.04] <=======================contents S=text height, x,y are the offsets from the end of the -.15 gap where the text is top right justified ( that an assumed default justification)

-.15 <================================================end gap, then the line repeats.

Your offsets just needed tweaking. see the revExample it spell it out graphically

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
kssnuggle
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank You Joe that did the trick. The little drawing you provided with  dim's. helped a bunch.

Message 10 of 10
Joe-Bouza

HTH Dave

It helped me too; I never thought it out that far

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report