This is for C3D 2017.
Autodesk has set up the ribbons to use the one that it believe you want to use. So when you select "Paper Space" it automatically picks the "Layout Tools" Ribbon instead of leaving it at the "Home" ribbon. It can be changed as follows without deleting anything.
1. Type "CUI" in the command prompt.
2. At the top you want to be in the "Customize" tab.
3. You will be in the "Civil" portion of the directory tree.
4. Expand "Partial Customization Files"
5. Expand "ACAD"
6. Expand "Ribbon"
7. Expand "Contextual Tab States"
8. Scroll down and expand "Layout Tools"
9. Select "Contextual Layout Tools"
10. In the properties box on the right under "General" the second line below says "Contextual Display Type".
To the right it should show "Full with Focus" out of the box. Click on it once and a pull down arrow will appear.
Click on the pull down arrow and change it to "Full without focus"
Apply and close.
Search the Autodesk Knowledge Network for more content.
New: Get an Activation Code
Mac OS X 10.12 Support
Windows 10 Support
Autodesk Online Store Help
Serial Numbers & Product Keys
Installation & Licensing
Online Activation & Registration
Network License Administration
Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.