Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2018 surface contours

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ELember
2557 Views, 10 Replies

C3D 2018 surface contours

Hi

I´m having a problem with C3D 2018 surface contours. My dashed linetype worked fine in C3D 2017 (1st picture), but in 2018 (2nd picture) there are some additional dots between the lines. Is there a system variable that I have missed?

2017.JPG

2018.JPG

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
M_c3d
in reply to: ELember

It looks like a different linetype. Can you post a sample drawing?

Message 3 of 11
ELember
in reply to: M_c3d

A sample drawing:

Message 4 of 11
M_c3d

It also happens on my computer with your drawing.

It goes away if I turn off hardware acceleration. Then after turning hardware acceleration back on it stops happening.

Suggests possible graphics card incompatibility with 2018.

Try turning hardware acceleration off then on and see if it fixes it as it has with mine.

Message 5 of 11
ELember

Turning the hardware acceleration off fixed it.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
M_c3d

Great. Does it still work after switching it back on?

Message 7 of 11
ELember

No. The problem reoccurs after switching it back on.

Message 8 of 11
M_c3d

That suggests that your graphics card is not supported by 2018 yet.

Message 9 of 11
sirjoelsph

I just stumbled across this same problem myself.  My contours have extra dots show up at every little vertice when I highlight it or in plot preview.  Luckily the actual plot does not show them.  I can confirm that turning hardware acceleration off fixes it temporarily, but the problem comes right back when I turn hardware acceleration back on.

My graphics card is a Quadro M4000 with the latest drivers, so I know its Certified and Recommended by Autodesk.

-JOEL
Message 10 of 11
M_c3d
in reply to: sirjoelsph

Can you share the drawing? Does it stop if you switch hardware acceleration off?

Message 11 of 11
sirjoelsph

Here's a throwaway drawing that is doing it.  It is happening in every job though.  As I said, turning hardware acceleration off fixes it, but that's such a waste of our workstation's resources.

It's a dot at every contour vertice, so having contour smoothing turned on makes it look worse.

@M_c3d, Do you not see this behavior in your drawings?  We've upgraded to 2018.1.

Contours.PNG

-JOEL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report