Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer Day - Profile View - Stationing Right to Left

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
blippold
2686 Views, 10 Replies

Answer Day - Profile View - Stationing Right to Left

I have an alignment running East to West with the stationing running East to West, or Right to Left. When I create a plan and profile viewframe, and create a plan and profile sheet, the plan view shows the plan running West to East with my north arrow pointing down. I then have to rotate my plan viewframe 180 degrees to get it to display correctly as stationing Right to Left.

Anyone else have this problem. It is probably a setting in the Create Multiple View command but I haven't found any yet.

I am running Civil 3D 2017 SP 1.1

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TimYarris
in reply to: blippold

Hello,

The profile view style has a Profile View Direction option to control this. When you create your view frames, all should be well if the profile view style you select should have this set to Right to Left.

profile view direction.PNG

Message 3 of 11
blippold
in reply to: TimYarris

I am using the Right to Left style. The profile view creates and displays correctly, but the Plan view does not. The origin point of the View Frames continues to be the lower left corner of the View Frame. But when creating Right to Left, the origin point should be upper right.

Message 4 of 11
TimYarris
in reply to: blippold

Sorry we didn't discuss the plan portion of your question. 

Try using a station equation for the alignment. I was able to get the plan viewports to lay out as you describe by using a station equation. I created the equation at the end station of the alignment, then set it to decreasing back the alignment start station. 

sta equation.PNG

Message 5 of 11
sboon
in reply to: TimYarris

Hello Tim,

I am assuming that this would be a temporary application of the station equation, for production of the sheets only.  Once that is done the OP could remove the equation - correct?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 11
nzeeben
in reply to: sboon

Hey Steve,

As I suggested this when Tim was discussing the issue today I'll respond.  Once you had the layout I suppose you probably could remove the equation, but there is really no difference from the alignment perspective assuming this is the only equation in play, it would really be up to the user if they felt like they needed to remove the equation or not.

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 7 of 11
BrianHailey
in reply to: nzeeben

Nick,

let me see see if I understand your recommendation. Create the alignment from west to east (as a senior engineer once told me, "That's the way God meant for alignments to go!"), apply a station equation so the stationing runs east to west, and create the sheets from that?

If that's the case, then you would want to keep the station equation in place. 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 11
nzeeben
in reply to: BrianHailey

Hey Brian,

Yes reverse it, the station equation and get sheets as desired.

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

I have created an alignment that goes right to left, for a gravity pipe system.  I want to set up plan and profile sheets for this alignment, and I have tried the suggestion of entering in a station equation.  My results are the same either way, and I get an upside down view frame, resulting in an upside down plan view.  

I have noticed that, if I rotate the view frame 180 degrees, the plan comes in nicely, but then my profile view lines up on either the start or the end and then instead decides to move off the page, out of the viewport.  It appears as if it does not proceed in the same direction as the plan view.  This happens regardless of the profile view direction designation (right to left or left right).  

My only fix for the profile view at this point is to check the align profile at center, but I feel there is possibly a much easier fix for this other than this long, drawn out, band-aid process.  Any suggestions?

Message 10 of 11

Hi,

I have exactly this issue that you had. Have you found any solution for this issue?

thanks

Message 11 of 11

I still have not found an adequate solution to the problem. It seems like this should be a simple problem but no such luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report