Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer Day Pipe Network problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
troop_lee
273 Views, 5 Replies

Answer Day Pipe Network problems

This is a problem we have been having and I've asked three different times and tried to explain it different ways,

but TLDR; 3d Pipes breaking and disappearing from the network, also flatten to single line in profiles. 

The pictures tell it best, but some info: Sanitary pipes, Stock US Imperial catalog parts. Civil 3d 2015 (sp3), This network is data shortcutted into one other drawing. This is happening to all pipes in this network, structures unaffected. 

pipes1.JPG

pipes2.JPG

Here is what the file that is reading the network through the data shortcut looks like. 

pipes3.JPG

This has happened a few times now, I'm going to redraw the pipes. I know 4 pipes isn't a big deal, but if this was a big subdivision and we had to submit today we would be in trouble. I'm just trying to figure out why and how to stop it and fix it. 

edit: one more thing)_  When I try to swap part I get this message in the command bar - Yes I have the catalog set properly I reset it and got this again. It's like the pipe is disconnected from the database of parts and can't find it's path. 

Unable to access Pipe or Structure Catalog:
Please verify configuration.
Run 'setNetworkCatalog' to reset.

Here is the second time I posted about this HERE

I'll try to explain this as best I can. 

I am having pipes disappearing from their networks after an audit. Before the audit they are losing 3d properties, and then audit erases them. 

I believe that this is related to users trying to open a drawing that is referencing data shortcuts in the drawing that is being saved at the same time. 

When that happens, we have been able to reconnect the data shortcut and everything was fine (other than having to relabel the parts). However, this is also happening to the source drawing, that causes a major problem because the pipes have to be redrawn or you have revert back to a backup of the drawing, that might still loose hours of work. 

And some pics of the flattened pipes in profile.

Here are screen shots of the same area, the profile shows the pipe as a flat line, whereas the plan shows the pipe, but the label stopped working, due to it loosing it's 3d infomation. 

issue1.JPGissue2.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charlie.Ogden
in reply to: troop_lee

I cannot tell from the images what is expected to be shown.  I see some pipes... in plan they have double lines... if there are some that disappeared can you draw where you are expecting to see pipes?  On the profile I see the cyan pipe that is only showing either the top or bottom of the pipe, is that what you mean?  Can you attach a drawing?

Thanks!

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 3 of 6
troop_lee
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

Here is one of the files, the issue is relating to the sanitary network pipes. I do not have a profile in that drawing. 

Message 4 of 6
troop_lee

Here is the file with the profile, again sanitary pipe network. Profile A1. 

Message 5 of 6
Charlie.Ogden

Thanks for sending the files - that helps!  I see the Part Data is missing from Part Properties for each of those pipes.  For some reason it isn't seeing the catalog data and then doesn't know the size.  I cannot add a new network using this SANITARY parts list either.  I can edit the pipe sizes in the Parts List - but that doesn't seem to help.  There is a MANHOLE structure in that parts list that does not appear when creating a new network.  I cannot edit that structure in the Parts List either - I get a message that the "required pipe network catalog(s) is not set".  There does seem to be some issue finding the catalog.  Were these parts lists created in an earlier version of Civil 3D and carried forward to 2015?

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 6 of 6
troop_lee
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

No those use the US imperial parts that come with civil 3d. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report