Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 UK Country Kit?

83 REPLIES 83
SOLVED
Message 1 of 84
TrevN
7255 Views, 83 Replies

2018 UK Country Kit?

Is the 2018 UK Country Kit available yet?

Thanks

83 REPLIES 83
Message 2 of 84
cheo.smith
in reply to: TrevN

Am looking for it too

Message 3 of 84
M_c3d

It usually comes out the last week in May, was May 27th for 2017

Will appear here when it is available:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/civil-3d-co...

Message 4 of 84
TrevN
in reply to: M_c3d

And that never ceases to amaze me, here's your shiny new piece of software, oh but you can't use it because we haven't quite finished everything you need!

Rubbish.

Message 5 of 84
M_c3d

completely agree its the exact same with the microdrainage utility, we need to wait another 6 months until its available (based on last year) and it probably still won't work for importing from windes!

Message 6 of 84
dsimeone

Hi all - 

1. Country Kit work has been underway for R2018 and we'll release them as soon as they complete a final QA review. The release schedule is a challenge as final testing depends on availability of the corresponding language versions of Civil 3D 2018 (final release). For example, we need a shipping version of German Civil 3D 2018 for final testing of the R2018 German country kit. I will say that our country kit development process began earlier this year so I don't expect a long delay before these become available. 
  2. Extensions - These are all in progress and will release on their own schedule. Some will be "ports" of earlier versions and others (Microdrainage, GENIO, Geotechnical, River/Flood) will feature improvements which may impact their release schedule. Just as with Country Kits there is a dependency on having the final release of Civil 3D 2018 before these can be completed.

One note on extensions - we made improvements to the Civil 3D 2018 "Export to 3ds Max" utility which resulted in us no longer needing to release a separate Civil 3D Civil View extension. All of the functionality from this extension is now in the global release (as well as performance and folder structure improvements). 

Thanks

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
Message 7 of 84
M_c3d
in reply to: dsimeone

Dave,

Can you tell us if the microdrainage utility will finally sort the import issues from windes for 2018?

Thanks

Message 8 of 84
dsimeone

Hi everyone - Country Kits (CKs) and Extensions are making good progress.

The majority of CKs are going to be posted to our beta portal for broader testing. Once confirmed, we'll release them publicly. There are a few that are delayed as we wanted to make general improvements (vs. basic port from priori version).

Extensions:

1. Geotechnical module includes a number of improvements and has been released from development. It should show up in the Autodesk Desktop App in the next day or so
  2. GENIO has been updated to provide more control over string naming and it's actively under review in our beta program
  3. River/Flood, 12D and DACH extension are being posted on our beta site and include numerous quality improvements
  4. Microdrainage is being enhanced to support .MDX format files and to improve overall quality. This release will be delayed in order for us to complete these improvements.

Bridge - Note that we will NOT be releasing an R2018 version of the Autodesk Bridge Module or the Revit Civil Structures extension. At this point we have a solution within InfraWorks that is far more capable for bridge modeling, design, production. Feel free to contact me directly if you have questions/concerns on this change.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
Message 9 of 84
M_c3d
in reply to: dsimeone

Thanks for the update Dave,

Can you tell us if the micro drainage utility has finally been fixed to allow the drainage to be re-imported to civil 3d?

Thanks

Message 10 of 84
mbravalery

When the country kits of Civil 3D 2018 will be available?

Message 11 of 84
M_c3d
in reply to: mbravalery

they are expected any time now

Message 12 of 84
MikeEvansUK

I suppose it's too late for a request?
If not can you add the ability to point a custom entry in for the impermeable area?

I have recently used the original code to add this enabling me to plug the area into the structures properties which gets exported in one hit saving a bit of time.

If not I can adapt or just run my code on export.

It it however excellent to hear we will get direct reading.

Not sure if we will also be able to cure the problem with parts in profile views etc disappearing? That would be grand.

Cheerss guys

Mike
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 13 of 84
neilyj666
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I don't know how long it will be before the kits are released to the general user base after they have been on the beta testing portal - I guess it depends how buggy they are...!!!

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 14 of 84
ksorsby
in reply to: neilyj666

Hi All,

Any news on a UK country kit yet? I can't find anything but that doesn't mean it's not there!

Cheers,

Message 15 of 84
shonaMHAQS

any update on this - we need the microdrainage add in to allow upgrade from 2016!

thanks

Message 16 of 84
M_c3d
in reply to: shonaMHAQS

Still no sign of UKIE kit...

Regarding the microdrainage utility, i was speaking to the XP Solutions product manager today and he said he only received a copy of the microdrainage utility for them to test yesterday. So its still months away. Its not normally available for public release until august/september anyway so I doubt we will see it before October.

The product manager spoke very well of the improvements that autodesk have made to it this year for 2018 (and will only apply to 2018 onwards). He advised that the new .MDX file format that autodesk has made for importing and exporting is the same file format that windes uses so it should be able to now export straight back from from windes and into civil 3d without us needing to manually swap parts. This will negate the .sws file format and should fix all the problems we have being having for 2 years with not being able to reimport models from windes, sadly this won't be applied to 2016 or 2017 by the looks of it.

Message 17 of 84
peterpetschek

Hi,

Still waiting for the  Civil 3D 2018 CH Country Kit.

We need it urgently.

Message 18 of 84

Even an update on the current estimated release date would be really helpful.

Message 19 of 84
niallmiz1

Hi All,

Any update on the UKIE 2018 kit? Whilst we're on the subject I really hope the 'feature' with British standard kerbs is sorted, whereby they inexplicably turn in to two red circles after a certain amount of time and are no longer recognised in the the surface model. The only way I have managed to work around this is by recreating each individual assembly with kerbs then rebuilding the corridors. Not ideal.

Thanks,

Niall 

Message 20 of 84
EmyrI
in reply to: niallmiz1

Hi Niall

Is it possible to get some more detail on why the kerb assemblies are failing? I will look into it to make changes the 2018 kit if i can get it more information from you.

regards,

emyr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report