Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 SP1.1

58 REPLIES 58
SOLVED
Message 1 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM
3034 Views, 58 Replies

2017 SP1.1

Thanks again Autodesk for messing up my install. I installed the service pack and now my graphics are messed up again...

9-8-2016 9-56-31 AM.png

I have the latest video driver, I have turned Hardware Acceleration on and off, amongst other things as well. This happened with AutoCAD 2017 SP1. I uninstalled the SP1 and everything worked fine again. Now with the C3D SP1.1, it's back. It even prints these anomalies. Oh and you can't uninstall SP1.1.  This is great!! NOT!!

Todd Rogers
58 REPLIES 58
Message 41 of 59
Jeff_M
in reply to: Buzz12345

@Buzz12345, Bingo! Uninstalling AcadSP1 did then allow the image to display correctly. Adding back the C3D2017 SP1.1 did not break that display and all is well here.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 42 of 59
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

@ToddRogers-WPM, I found THIS thread in the Acad forum which seems to go along with Michael's findings.

EESignature
Message 43 of 59

Yea I posted this fix a few weeks ago. I don't have sp1 installed. See my thread...
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/weird-graphics/m-p/6505373
Todd Rogers
Message 44 of 59
Jeff_M
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

OK, I thought I had seen this before... Better double check that Acad SP1 didn't get reinstalled. I no longer see the issue with that gone and C3D SP1.1 installed.
EESignature
Message 45 of 59

I'll double check in the morning. Thanks everyone.
Todd Rogers
Message 46 of 59

Has anyone else had issues installing SP1.1?

I'm getting a Windows error. See attached. I had installed SP1 first. Would that matter?

Version Info.JPGerror.JPG

Tags (1)
Message 47 of 59
Jeff_M
in reply to: kevinjackman

Kevin, yes, you must first uninstall SP1 for C3D2017 

EESignature
Message 48 of 59
AllenJessup
in reply to: Jeff_M

Still weird how the SP affects those graphics. And why could I open the file in Irfanview when Todd couldn't?

I don't have AutoCAD SP 1 installed so that may be why I didn't have any problem with the file.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 49 of 59
jmayo-EE
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Like Allen, I can open & view this thing just fine on my laptop.

Core i7 3.0GHz

12 mb ram

GeForce 940M

Now does everyone have infraworks installed? Again, like Allen I do...Could this or another adesk app be replacing a common file that enable this or is is hardware...

If you don't have infraworks try installing it just for the fun of it all.  😮

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 50 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Well you know I have InfraWorks installed. Just double checked to see if SP1 reinstalled itself and it's not there. However, I have AutoCAD Hotfix 1,2, and 3. So, I uninstalled Hotfix 3, still there. Uninstalled Hotfix 2, still there. Uninstalled Hotfix 1, still there. THEN, I uninstalled AutoCAD 2016 SP1, and bingo! It's gone.

Todd Rogers
Message 51 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Well you know I have InfraWorks installed. Just double checked to see if AutoCAD 2017 SP1 reinstalled itself and it's not there. However, I have AutoCAD Hotfix 1,2, and 3. So, I uninstalled Hotfix 3, still there. Uninstalled Hotfix 2, still there. Uninstalled Hotfix 1, still there. THEN, I uninstalled AutoCAD 2016 SP1, and bingo! It's gone.

Todd Rogers
Message 52 of 59

@trogers wrote:

I uninstalled AutoCAD 2016 SP1, and bingo! It's gone.

Since I never installed IDSP 2016 that fits with my results. Still very weird. Can you open it in Irfanview now?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 53 of 59

9-9-2016 8-44-46 AM.png

Gonna see if I can find the plugin. Stay tuned...

Todd Rogers
Message 54 of 59

Turns out I do have that one installed.

irpi.PNG

It looks like I must have installed every plugin available when I installed Irfanview the last time. I didn't know you could list the plugins that are installed I checked this morning.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 55 of 59

I just installed all the plugins and works like a charm. Thanks Allen!

Todd Rogers
Message 56 of 59
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

In case anyone is experiencing this issue.

Autodesk is asking for information from those who are not seeing SP1.1 in the Application Manager. See post #25 of this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/add-sp-to-deployment/m-p/6553065/highlight/fals...

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 57 of 59

Tags (3)
Message 58 of 59

Or this hotfix if you are using FDO to import your ecw files.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/map-3d-201703...

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 59 of 59

I replaced the dll file (even though it was the same version as the one I already had installed) and it fixed the problem.

Many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report