Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 SP1.1

58 REPLIES 58
SOLVED
Message 1 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM
3092 Views, 58 Replies

2017 SP1.1

Thanks again Autodesk for messing up my install. I installed the service pack and now my graphics are messed up again...

9-8-2016 9-56-31 AM.png

I have the latest video driver, I have turned Hardware Acceleration on and off, amongst other things as well. This happened with AutoCAD 2017 SP1. I uninstalled the SP1 and everything worked fine again. Now with the C3D SP1.1, it's back. It even prints these anomalies. Oh and you can't uninstall SP1.1.  This is great!! NOT!!

Todd Rogers
58 REPLIES 58
Message 21 of 59

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I forgot to mention, this only happens with imagery.

What type of raster. I don't see it with .jp2 files.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 59

It's an .ecw file. However, I think I may have just stumbled upon something. The image I had in there was EXTREMELY high-res. Reinstalled the SP1.1 and detached the image, then used the GeoMap Bing Imagery, and it's fine. Apparently it is high-res image related. Any other .ecw file works fine, but they are not as high-res. 

Todd Rogers
Message 23 of 59
jmayo-EE
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Good catch.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 24 of 59

I don't know what constitutes Hi-Res anymore. But this is one of our .jp2 files. Not particularly helpful to you. But might help in overall diagnosis.

Capture.PNG 

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 25 of 59

I can't find the res of this image. I can only open it in Global Mapper or an Autodesk product. I tried Paint.net and Irfanview, but they won't open it.

Todd Rogers
Message 26 of 59
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

I switched monitors, docking station, cords, etc. Can't switch video card because it's soldered to the motherboard.

If you were so inclined to install a new card and you have an open slot somewhere on the MB, you could install the new card and abandon the on-board card.  The fact that it's soldered in doesn't mean you have to use it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 27 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: doni49

I guess you didn't see the part where I stated that I switched out the docking station <--hint...it's a laptop. Resellers can't go do demos with monitors, keyboards, and workstations.  Too much work.

Todd Rogers
Message 28 of 59
doni49

yep -- missed that part.  Well glad you got something working though.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 29 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: doni49

LOL. Yeah, I think it's a combination of the workflow and getting into a hurry. I use Terraincognita for downloading imagery because it's very high-res. I export it out as a kmz. I then open the kmz in Global Mapper to reproject it into state plane coordinates. Then I export it out of Global Mapper as an .ecw file. Global Mapper creates the projection and world files with the .ecw upon export. 

Yes ALL, I know, there are other ways. Smiley Very Happy

Todd Rogers
Message 30 of 59
Jeff_M

Todd, any chance of getting a link to download that ECW file to test on my hardware?
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 31 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Jeff_M

Here you go Jeff. Equipped with projection and world file as well. I used MAPIINSERT. If the anomalies don't show, zoom in a little, then out. 

Todd Rogers
Message 32 of 59

It must be interaction between the SP and your hardware. I have no issues with it. I can even open it in Irfanview.

Capture2.PNG

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 33 of 59

Yeah, must be. It's much less than your .jp2. Do I need to download a codec to open it in Irfanview?

Todd Rogers
Message 34 of 59
Jeff_M

Thanks Todd. All I can say is, that is whacked! Glad I don't use much imagery. Reminds me of the psychedelic '60's! Zoom In and Out quickly for the full effect. Smiley Very Happy

FYI, tested on my Sager "Notebook" NP7280, i7-960@3.20, 12GB, 256gb SSD, 500gb 7200rpm HDD, nVidia GeForce GTX 470M, Win7 Pro x64 

EESignature
Message 35 of 59

Not that I know of. I never work with .ecw files so I wouldn't have bothered. I'm running V4.27Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2017 SP 1.1 / IDSP 2017
Dell Precision T3610, Xeon CPU 3.70 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K4000
Samsung SSD 512GB
HGST (WD) 512GB drive

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 36 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM

So it did it to you Jeff?  and not you Allen?  WTH???

Todd Rogers
Message 37 of 59

Weird, I'm running 4.37.

Todd Rogers
Message 38 of 59
Jeff_M

OK, so I uninstalled SP1.1, rebooted, and I am still seeing the same anomalies. I tested inserting the same image into C3D 2014 SP2, C3D2015 SP3, & C3D2016 SP3, where it worked just fine in the first 2, but got the same weird effects in the latter.
EESignature
Message 39 of 59
ToddRogers-WPM

That's so flippin weird man!

Todd Rogers
Message 40 of 59
Buzz12345

We were seeing the exact same thing here - ecws going blocky.  Uninstall AutoCAD SP1 (not Civil3D) and the problem disappeared.

Michael
AEC Collection - Civil3D 2023 & Infraworks 2023
www.foxsurvey.co.nz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report