Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VP Freeze layers in Paperspace not in Viewport

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lelandleahy4987
1334 Views, 8 Replies

VP Freeze layers in Paperspace not in Viewport

Has anyone had a problem with layers being frozen in paperspace but not within a viewport? They are VPFreeze not global but not within any viewport. Is there a way to check for this and thaw? 

thanks!

Leland
Civil3d 2020
Windows 10 64x (32 gigs ram)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

In paperspace type VPLAYER and choose THAW to unfreeze layer in viewport. hope this help.

Message 3 of 9

Yeah i know about vplayer, i guess my question is, why is it possible to freezers in paperspace? I am not talking about within a viewport. Or is paperspace considered a viewport?

Leland
Civil3d 2020
Message 4 of 9
tdivittis
in reply to: lelandleahy4987

Paperspace is a viewport.  Modespace is, too, actually.

Message 5 of 9
lelandleahy4987
in reply to: tdivittis

Interesting, never knew that. That explains a lot.

Leland
Civil3d 2020
Message 6 of 9
tdivittis
in reply to: lelandleahy4987

Even creepier is that a PageSetup is actually a Layout.............or something like that.  (I haven't completely wrapped my head around that one, but that nugget came from a very reliable source, in the customization forum.)

Some days I think I don't want to learn any more.  😉

Message 7 of 9
joey.steed

AMEN! Just when i thought i knew what was going on, then i read something like model space is viewport! It would be nice if the power's that be at acad could let us know!

Message 8 of 9
joey.steed
in reply to: joey.steed

AMEN! Just when i thought i knew what was going on, then i read something like model space is view port! It would be nice if the power's that be at acad could let us know!

Message 9 of 9
fautodesk

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I'm not sure this should be marked as a "solution". I have a drawing right now that has a layout paper space viewport on 2 separate layout tabs. I have a layer set to vpfreeze on the first page and I can still draw a line on the layer that is set to vpfreeze. I go to the second layout tab, same layer is set to vpfreeze and I cannot draw a line. I have been using this technique to set manual match lines for years. This is the first time I have seen this behavior.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report