Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolspace display settings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cadmky
379 Views, 4 Replies

Toolspace display settings

It's not clearly stated anywhere whether the C3D 2015 toolspace palette should remain on, and displayed when switching from one workspace to another when both workspaces are set to do so. Also when edits are made through the cui it will turn off the toolspace. An example would be unloading a partial menu, but when you unload a partial menu using the cuiload command the toolspace palette will remain on. Can anyone shed some light on this topic ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tdivittis
in reply to: cadmky

The behavior (to me) isn't always very clear, although I don't mess with my workspaces very often.  I have the 'Automatically save workspace changes' turned on, and do a lot from the keyboard, still, so this wouldn't be much of an issue for me.

Whether or not Toolspace remains on for a particular workspace would be entirely up to you.  I believe the behavior you're seeing is coming from the settings for Toolspace in the CUI editor.  Within the settings for all of the Palettes is the Show setting, which can be Yes, No or Do Not Change.  When you switch workspaces, this setting would be applied.

I can tell you the behavior isn't always what you would expect, but I really don't fuss over my workspace too much.  Due to my circumstances the last 10 years or so, I've just become accustomed to a very minimalist looking workspace, so I don't change all of these settings often, at all.  Hopefully someone else can chime in with more detailed information.

Message 3 of 5
cadmky
in reply to: tdivittis

Thanks for the feedback. I've tested this behavior on several different types of computers in our office, and the only machines that consistently restore the toolspace are HP desktops with an Autodesk approved video card. None of our laptops will restore the toolspace, no matter what the settings are. This is a bit of an issue for us because our document manage system, projectwise, seems to log a licensing problem whenever the toolspace is turned off. I know, it's hard to believe. This results in some projectwise integration functionality being disabled, such as the inability to set a working folder to the projectwise explorer.

The workaround for this problem is to restore the toolspace and restart C3D. I'd like to mention also if a user repeatedly causes the toolspace to turn off and on this will not only raise the potential for damaging data shortcuts, but it may, and has, required that both C3D and the projectwise integration module be put through repair installations.

Message 4 of 5
tdivittis
in reply to: cadmky

Ouch!  That sounds like a nightmare.

Sorry I oversimplified the problem you have.  I don't know if an event handler may be able to turn it back on, any time it is turned off?  It sounds like that would still leave you with problems on the Projectwise side.  Sorry I can't offer you more, I have no experience with that setup.

Message 5 of 5
cadmky
in reply to: tdivittis

Yes it is a nightmare, and an expensive one at that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report