Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface properties...Directions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jeff_M
397 Views, 4 Replies

Surface properties...Directions

When creating a Surface Direction Analysis in C3D and specify the number of ranges, it fills in the min/max directions. I am not seeing these properties available in the TinSurface or GridSurface objects. What would be used to get these values? I'm not even exactly sure what the Direction is in relation to, as the few surfaces I've applied this Analysis to did not look quite as I had expected based on the description in the help.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

This same problem exists for Slope and SlopeArrow analyses of Volume Surfaces....the min/max slopes are not available properties in the API.
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
augusto.goncalves

Is this available on TinSurface.Analysis.GetDirectionData() array of results? It includes max and min. 

Hope I understood your question, let me know if that is not the case...

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Thanks for getting back to me, Augusto. No, the Analysis.Get**Data() methods return the arrays of the specific Data types. Each one has the min/max Range of that type. When you create an Analysis in Civil 3d by number of ranges, it will automatically fill in the starting range Min with the Surface's min value, and also will use the final range's Max value as the Surface's max value. However, the user can override those values, so they may, or may not, be the actual Surface Min/Max values when retrieved in code. What I need is the Min/Max Directions & Slopes for the entire Surface.
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
augusto.goncalves

Got it, but I don't see that either.

Only the TinSurface.GetTerrainProperties() with Slope min/mean/max

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report