Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STB file installed, now what do I do with all of these free colors?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
marcosmendez
294 Views, 1 Reply

STB file installed, now what do I do with all of these free colors?

I am the guy in charge of CAD Management at a small firm that is just over 2 years old.  I just made the change from CTB to STB (object based) plot styles.  The styles are created.  Annotation set.  Tables are no longer a bunch of lines with text involved.

So what do I do with all of these colors?

Do I make the colors specify disciplines? Parts? Updates?

What is it that you do? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tdivittis
in reply to: marcosmendez

This will sound like a smarta$$ answer, but it I promise it is not.

Just use colors to represent colors.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If you're drawings are all plotted monochrome, set the colors to whatever is comfortable for your eyes, or whatever approach you wish.  You mentioned disciplines, parts, etc....I would say yes, absolutely.

We use a simple BLK/COL group of styles in an STB file.  Two dozen styles provides virtually any desired output, without any need for a reference chart, etc.  I see users that work from several different perspectives, some very picky about their layer colors on screen.  They can can use whatever they like, it doesn't effect the final output (except for when using COL styles, of course.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report