Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup Switch /nologo messing up Property Palette Font

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DeeusJayus-ISX
880 Views, 3 Replies

Startup Switch /nologo messing up Property Palette Font

I discovered the "/nologo" startup switch today and love it with one exception: It is causing the font in (only) my Properties Palette to be messed up. There doesn't seem to be any error in functionality, but it's messing with my eyes and sanity. See Below:

nologo switch palette text.JPG

The Target is exactly as follows:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\\AecBase.dbx" /p "custom profile" /product "C3D" /language "en-US" /nologo

I applied the switch to 3 of my launch icons and had the same result with each on. I removed the switch and relaunched with the icon and the font issue was fixed. Then I put the switch back in the target path and the issue returned. 

I sure enjoy the faster load and not looking at the Splash Screen for all 30 second of a session, but staring at this properties palette for 8 hours a day isn't going to cut it.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: DeeusJayus-ISX

I don't see the problem, or at least not in your screenshot.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
DeeusJayus-ISX
in reply to: rkmcswain

I have the Launch Icon Shortcut on my desktop and the same "user" pinned to my taskbar. I can edit the Target in the Launch Icon Shortcut without affecting the pinned application icon. This allows me to open the same profile in two sessions, one with the switch, and one without. I've don't that and take a screen shot of the good and the bad side by side. The Layer name in the toolbar screenshot tells which is good and which is bad.

Message 4 of 4
DeeusJayus-ISX
in reply to: rkmcswain

I have the Launch Icon Shortcut on my desktop and the same "user" pinned to my taskbar. I can edit the Target in the Launch Icon Shortcut without affecting the pinned application icon. This allows me to open the same profile in two sessions, one with the switch, and one without. I've don't that and take a screen shot of the good and the bad side by side. The Layer name in the toolbar screenshot tells which is good and which is bad.nologo switch palette text-SIDE BY SIDE.JPG

Again, I have only noticed this anomaly it in the Properties Palette and only with the switch. The variance is most clear when comparing the

"LINETYPE SCALE" and "THICKNESS" values between pallets.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report