Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slanted text in complex linetypes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
340 Views, 3 Replies

slanted text in complex linetypes

Will Autodesk ever allow slanted text to be used within complex linetypes again?  Most of the civil engineering profession uses slanted text to depict existing conditions and vertical for proposed.  the removal of slanted text in linetypes has made it very difficult to show existing gas, telephone, water and  sewer lines....and so on.  PLEASE MAKE THIS PART OF CIVIL 3D ASAP.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tdivittis
in reply to: Anonymous

Has 2017 introduced a drastic change in linetypes?

You can make slanted text linetypes with shapes or text styles.  What, specifically, are you trying to do?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I'm presently running Civil 3d 2014 and you Cannot make a linetype with slanted text unless you explode the text and use the shapes.  No matter what I have the oblique angle set to the text in the linetype is always vertical.  I created specific text styles just for the linetypes and I've set the height to 0 but just cant get the text to slant.

Message 4 of 4
tdivittis

Sorry, my memory must be failing me...lol.  I could swear I remember doing that years ago and it working.  I've been using shapes for over 10 years, so haven't messed with the text based ones for a long time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report