Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET API Bug - Surface.GetContourAnalysis()

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jeff_M
215 Views, 2 Replies

.NET API Bug - Surface.GetContourAnalysis()

The array returned by this method contains ContourData objects, which have the ContourValue MajorColor and MinorColor properties (among others). The MinorColor correctly returns the color assigned to that contour range. However, the MajorColor always returns color 255, regardless of what it is set to when creating, or editing, the Analysis in C3D. So there is no way of knowing what the color is really set to.

I have found this mentioned a few times from other developers, @redtransitconsultants is one that I recall, but do not recall seeing any response from Autodesk. This affects ALL versions of the C3D .NET API, and really makes our tools look bad, as customers think it is we who are not doing something correctly.

Please get someone to fix this, @dsimeone I'd be willing to bet that it's not more than a few lines of code needing to be changed. Having it updated in a Service Pack, or Hotfix, for 2016 & 2017 would sure be a win.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

Forgot to include a screencap showing the values, the MajorColor here should be 26, not 255

Wrong major contour color returned.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for this report Jeff, we'll investigate it. 

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report