Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeless Dialog Box

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cosmo12
331 Views, 3 Replies

Modeless Dialog Box

Hello, I'm not very good at .net yet but I have a little .net program that runs a modeless dialog box that stays open while I work. The program works but its kind of annoying because I have to double click to activate my autocad window upon picking a button on my dialog box. Is there a way to make it a single click event?  Here an example of one of my buttons. Thanks

Private Sub endpnt2_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles endpnt2.Click

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: cosmo12

A modeless dialog is running on a separate thread, not on the same as AutoCAD. That's why it says open while you work on AutoCAD.

From your button, you can get AutoCAD running instance and active it, but that will depend on how your app works. For instance, are you using Interop assemblies? 

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
cosmo12
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Hi Augusto,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not really sure what you mean by interop assembly. I'm pretty new to this vb.net stuff.

Message 4 of 4
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: cosmo12

Can you share the references you are using on your project? 

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report