Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisp gets stuck (not in a loop)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hencoop
325 Views, 2 Replies

Lisp gets stuck (not in a loop)

I cannot find anything on the internet about my latest problem with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017.

It appears that a lisp routine gets stuck (not in a loop) just fails to finish and release LISP so that the following error messages are produced instead:
"Can't reenter LISP"; "Unknown command .VLIDE". If I try to enter any lisp statement, e.g. (), I get "lisp command not available". Nothing I tried could release autolisp. I had to shut down AutoCAD and restart it.

I have only used lisp commands/functions that I have used constantly for years now, so I can't understand what has caused this problem.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: hencoop

This typically occurs when there is a loop that causes autocad to use all resources allocated for lisp. Can you post the code? Or send it to me via email?
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
hencoop
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

I meant to reply earlier.

I to appears to be in some old lisp code that I have used for years to invoke the correct editor for anything that is text whether its entity name is "TEXT" or not.  I see that there have been some changes over the years in AutoCAD to do just that which went right past me as I kept using mine.  I'll send you the code if you like (PM) but I started editing it before I figured out that I probably don't need it any more and I'm not sure that it will still cause the problem (or even function).  I was right in the middle of edits when I decided to abandon it.  Hey! I have an unedited version on my website that I will link.

ed.lsp requires subroutines: ded.lspdimscl.lspustr.lsp

dimscl requires subroutines: gvpno, ureal

gvpno require subroutiness: Doslibcheck_for_doslib, errortrap, set_mjrg, uint, ukword

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report