Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export Civil 3D 2017 settings missing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jefferyjensen
2130 Views, 8 Replies

export Civil 3D 2017 settings missing

Hello Civil 3D Users,

Does anyone have the option to "Export AutoCAD 2017 Settings" when installing Civil 3D?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-forum/where-is-autocad-settings-saved-in-a360-drive/m-p/679...

Left screenshot is what you get when installing vanilla AutoCAD, right is a screenshot of what I have from installing Civil 3D 2017.

AutoCAD Export Settings.pngCivil3DmissingExport.png

thanks,

Jeff Jensen

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tmachado
in reply to: jefferyjensen

Hi there,

The reason why you can't find this commands under the C3D, is because C3D doesn't support migration of custom settings.

You will need to set this manually.

Hope that helps...

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 3 of 9

You can run the migrator directly from it's installed location which is usually here -

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\AdMigrator.exe

Which will open a dialogue to import settings if you have a previous version on your system.

You can also run the migrator with the command arguments that are in the icons you posted the image of.

The import settings shortcut can be recreated/emulated by running the line below in a windows command window.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\AdMigrator.exe" /i /product ACAD /language "en-US"

The export settings shortcut can be recreated/emulated by running the line below in a windows command window.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\AdMigrator.exe" /e /product ACAD /language "en-US"

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 9

It used to be not supported, but now it is supported. Unfortunately, Autodesk never got around to adding the program to the Start Menu.

This article covers the topic and shows the Civil 3D as supported. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

I also asked Autodesk and they confirmed this is the case, since you'll probably do a search and find the Knowledge article that says the exact opposite that it is not supported. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 5 of 9
bepastor
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

great idea but I have a little problem when running (admigrator.exe) I get the following warning that means I have to install the autocad or is something different, thanks in advance for your comment.

image.png

Message 6 of 9
tmachado
in reply to: bepastor

C3D doesn't support migration of custom settings anymore

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 7 of 9
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: bepastor

When running the migrator without any command parameters, it does a scan of your computer looking for previous version of the software to import the files and settings from.

So if you run the 2018 migrator it will look for 2017 and earlier versions to be on your system. If you don't have an earlier version, it will throw that error message.

I can run the 2018 migrator on my system and it will show a form with the option to choose Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 - English, as I have Civil 3d 2017 on the same computer.

If you start a command window, you can copy and paste this in to run the migrator and it will ask for a zip file containing the migration files that you need to have exported from your previous version.

"c:\Archivos de programa\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\AdMigrator.exe" /i

And for English version of windows -

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\AdMigrator.exe" /I

You can export the settings from a previous version using the above, but substitute /e for the /I

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\AdMigrator.exe" /e

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 8 of 9
hencoop
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

The export settings shortcut can be recreated/emulated by running the line below in a windows command window.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2019\AdMigrator.exe" /e /product ACAD /language "en-US"

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2019\AdMigrator.exe" /i /product ACAD /language "en-US"

This worked perfectly for me!  I made shortcuts on our network for our folks to use.  Very easy to keep their settings when switching out old machines but keeping AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019!

Thanks @andrewpuller3811!

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 9 of 9
nlewis1771
in reply to: hencoop

For anyone still looking for this in 2020 Civil version, I can confirm it worked for me from 2019. The exe file is located at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD\2020AdMigrator.exe

It does not show up in the Windows Start folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report