Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize data to show in Reports

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
jessica.miller
2662 Views, 26 Replies

Customize data to show in Reports

Can anyone direct me on how to show additional/different information in the already configured reports in the report manager?  i.e.  the PVI & Curve report gives everything except the elevations of the PIs not associated with a curve.  Why not just give all the PI elevations??  Therefore I have to print 2 reports see the whole profile.  Seems like there should be a way to select/add/change the information that report kicks out.  Please advise.

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
4555 West Memorial Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73142
T: 405.753.4200
Dir: 405.753.4616
www.connectcec.com

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Jeff_M
in reply to: jessica.miller

Hi Jessica, first off, you may want to change your signature unless you want the whole world knowing your phone numbers...

That report is a .NET report, which means it can be modified as you please....providing you know how to read, write, and compile VB.NET projects. The source code is available in the Reports folder. If you don't know how to do this, or don't have someone at your office who can, post back with an example of how you'd like the report to look. i.e.-Print to Word the current PVI & Curve report and make some edits to the Word document to show what you'd like added and where....use a different color for your additions...and I, or possibly someone else here, will try to get you a modified report tool.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 27
jessica.miller
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you for your feedback!  Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this.  I've attached a pdf with the modifications I'd like to see made to the standard PVI Station & Curve report.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to call or email me at the info. in my signature.  

Green highlighted info. is necessary & needs to remain in the report.

Yellow highlighted info. necessary & duplicated.

Red lines are requested changes to be made.

It seems to me that these 2 reports could easily be combined into one for all users.

Concept of the changes is as follows:

Combine the data from PVI Stations & Curve report & the data from the PVI Stations report to make for one (1) holistic report.

Rename this report to "PVI & Curve report".

Add the elevation column & data from the PVI Stations report to the PVI Stations & curve report.  Elevation data of all PIs (or just any PI not related to a vertical curve) generates in this new column.

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 4 of 27
Jeff_M

Jessica, I've managed to make some edits to the PVICurve report. I believe this is what you were looking for:

1-14-2017 11-06-18 AM.png

The attached zip file must be unblocked in it's properties prior to extracting the new dll to a location of your choosing. Then edit the reporting tool to point to the new dll for the PVICurve Report, and be sure the Macro name is ProfilePVICurve. Note that I did this in C3D2016. If you need it for other versions I would need to create a new dll for each version of C3D.

EESignature
Message 5 of 27
jessica.miller

That does look like what we need.  Thank you!  We are running 2017, so I would need to be able to plug this into it.  I have one other request.  Is there a way to put a file from which the data was printed?  This information, again, is on the Station report & not on the Curve & station report.  

I may need some hand holding when it comes time upload this.

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 6 of 27
Jeff_M

OK, Jessica, the attached zip has versions for both C3D 2016 & 2017. I also added the dwg path/name as seen here:

1-16-2017 9-32-36 AM.png

EESignature
Message 7 of 27
jessica.miller

Hi there.  I've tried loading & running this, and I'm doing something wrong.  If you have a few minutes in the near future would you mind helping me get this loaded?

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 8 of 27
Jeff_M

As I mentioned previously: "The attached zip file must be unblocked in it's properties prior to extracting the new dll to a location of your choosing". To do that, delet any dll file you already extracted. Relocate the ZIP file, rt-click on it and select Properties, on the General tab of the properties dialog, near the bottom, you will likely see a button labeled "Unblock". Click that then exit out. Now you can safely extract the dll and be able to load & run it.
EESignature
Message 9 of 27
jessica.miller

That did it.  I unblocked it after extraction.  I walked through it again this morning & it worked.  Thank you!  I also discovered I wasn't saving it in the reports manager.

Would you be able to make similar adjustments to one of the horizontal geometry reports for us?

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 10 of 27
Jeff_M

@jessica.miller wrote:

That did it.  I unblocked it after extraction.  I walked through it again this morning & it worked.  Thank you!  I also discovered I wasn't saving it in the reports manager.

Would you be able to make similar adjustments to one of the horizontal geometry reports for us?

Good to hear!

Go ahead and post what you'd like modified and I, or anyone else who sees it, should be able to help you out.

EESignature
Message 11 of 27
jessica.miller

I'm attaching markups for the horizontal geometry reports.  

Also, if anyone has a report for superelevation, please share! 

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 12 of 27
jessica.miller

Any reason why I wouldn't be able to use the extracted .dll on another machine?

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 13 of 27
Jeff_M

No, you should be able to copy it anywhere you like. Make sure Windows isn't Blocking it again since it's coming from another source?
EESignature
Message 14 of 27
Jeff_M

Jessica, unfortunately the Alignment Station and Curve report is an XSL based report, not .NET. These are still able to be modified, but not by me as the XSL files make my head explode. Perhaps someone else, who isn't phased by the oddness of the XSL style sheets, will be able to lend a hand with this. If I had time, I would consider rewriting the report to suit your needs, but free time is a rare commodity right now.
EESignature
Message 15 of 27
jessica.miller

So the report you created is great.  My engineer's love it!  We are now running 2018 & 2019.  Would you be able to make us a file for those versions?  or let me know what I need to do to let it run in others?  I tried running the 2017 in 2018 & got some weird error.  I then looked back here to see we need a file for each version.  

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 16 of 27
Jeff_M

@jessica.miller, I just saw your latest request. The hard drive that stored the modified report died last year and I had not backed up that project. I will work on redoing the modifications and get a new builds created soon. Jeff
EESignature
Message 17 of 27
jessica.miller

Awesome!  Thank you.  I can repost the 2017 report we are currently using, if that helps.  Just let me know!

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 18 of 27
Jeff_M

OK, I think this is now the same as the one I did before. This time I just edited the main C3DReport instead of making a special "Modified" reports file. ADter downloading, be sure to Unblock the zip file then you can extract it and replace the existing C3DReport.dll files in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2019\enu\Data\Reports\Net and C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2018\enu\Data\Reports\Net  Yes, I tested the same DLL in both 2018 & 2019.

Let me know if you see anything I may have missed.

Jeff

EESignature
Message 19 of 27
jessica.miller

I'm not seeing the unblock check box.  

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 20 of 27
Jeff_M

If the zip isn't blocked then your IT department may have configured Windows to not block downloaded files.
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report