Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyzed results fade too quickly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tdonner
623 Views, 5 Replies

Analyzed results fade too quickly

When I use the analyze tool to calc the area of a parcel, the results of the total area show up BUT then fade away before I can write down the number.  Is there a trick to get the results to stay on the screen longer?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: tdonner

What inquiry tool? If it's pushing it to the text screen, use the F2 function key to show the textscreen.

Most questions like this should be in the main C3D forum.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/bd-p/66
Remember this for next time, there are far more users over there which will typically yield quicker responses.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
tdonner
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi, thanks for answering. I was referring to the "area" analyze tool.  I calc the area of the exterior boundary of the shape, hit enter, then the calculated "area" shows up in the comment line (I think).  As I'm typing the number into my calculator to convert the number into acres, the number fades so quickly, I miss some of the numbers. It didn't used to do that.  I've searched for an answer to this but can't find one...I'll keep looking, as I am NOT the only one in my office who has this annoying problem.  This is a NEW problem for me.  I used to be the ONLY one in my office who DIDN'T have this issue...but now I've caught the bug...meh.

I'll keep looking, thanks again.

Tami  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

Tami,

You can dock the command line to the bottom of the window and adjust the number of lines to display. Or, with the floating command line, the lines of text which disappear can be stopped from disappearing if you place the cursor on the command line. You can also see them again by resizing the command line by dragging it upward. See screencast below. The F2 trick also works.

EESignature
Message 5 of 6
tdonner
in reply to: Jeff_M

A VIDEO?  Really?  Dang, you are totally awesome!!!  Thank you, problem SOLVED.  A happy camper, I am!!

Thanks and have a fabulous day, Swamping Mentor Jeff.

Eternally grateful,

Tami

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

Glad I could help, Tami.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report