Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding text to a line or curve label TAG

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zootango
512 Views, 3 Replies

Adding text to a line or curve label TAG

I have a line label TAG, lets say it is L1, I can right click on it and select "edit label text" and I can add text to the end of it.

But how do I get the text that I add to the TAG label go underneath the TAG label L1?

Example I want this particular TAG label to be L1, but I want to add the text EIP TO EIP underneath the L1 text.

Is there a symbol our something you use that tells it to put the additional text underneath the original TAG Label of L1?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: zootango

When editing the text, just place the cursor at the end of the tag line, hit enter, add the new text.

2-1-2017 10-09-49 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
zootango
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff, simple enough, I should have figured that myself.

Jeff, how do you get the added text to center under a "DRAGGED TAG LABEL",  when I add text to a dragged tag label, it puts the TAG and the added text to Left Justified.

Message 4 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: zootango

Unfortunately, the only way to get the centered text is to set the dragged state to As Composed. But, that typically changes other aspects of the drag state that you don't want. When the text is stacked, it will be either left or right justified, depending on where you drag the label.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report