Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding height to 3d solid objects extended data.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pthurska
849 Views, 7 Replies

Adding height to 3d solid objects extended data.

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for a way to use the functions in property sets to calculate the length of an extruded 3d solid. 

I'm working with projects where the solid 3d information is exported to .ifc format beacause we are working in a construction project where they are not able to use landXML. I would like to have a formula which automatically would read the length/height of extrusion so the exported object would contain relevant data.

The first problem is that I have no idea where to start. I would like to write the function myself but I'm not able to find any source where they provide tips for this. I could do the math but I cannot:

• access the object data, because i don't know any names of the object variables
  • write the function/code because I don't know the syntax
  • find a place online where these issues are explained (at least in a way that I would understand)

I'm using C3D 2016 with productivity pack 1,2 and 3 installed. The property sets tool is in the productivity pack 2 but at the moment I'm only able to add the data with "manual property definition".

Below a couple screenshots from the tool and where I think would be possible to write the function if only I would know what to write.

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

function_view.PNGautomatic_view.PNG

Best regard,

Paavo Hurskainen

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LispResearch
in reply to: pthurska

I am also interested in such things, why no experts on this?

Signature:
Interested in Lisp
Message 3 of 8
oliveiraRXEYZ
in reply to: pthurska

Hello! I need to solve the same problem. I believe the solution is simple, but I have not yet found an intuitive list of the functions and methods available for this in the 2023 version in the documentation

I tried to adapt an old code but it didn't work. Anyway, it goes below for registration

RESULT="--"

On Error Resume Next

Set oApp=GetObject(, "AutoCAD.Application")

Set oCivilApp=oApp.GetInterfaceObject("AeccXUiLand.AeccApplication.13.5")

Set obj=oCivilApp.ActiveDocument.HandleToObject("[07_Objeto_Handle]")

RESULT=obj.PartDataRecord.GetHeight()

Message 4 of 8
hosneyalaa
in reply to: oliveiraRXEYZ

@oliveiraRXEYZ 

this  line is  wrong  

RESULT=obj.PartDataRecord.GetHeight()

00.JPG1.JPG

Message 5 of 8
oliveiraRXEYZ
in reply to: hosneyalaa

Hello! Yes I know it's wrong but my goal is to get the height of the solid and not the material. What would be the correct method for this purpose? More than that, what are the functions and methods applicable to civil 3D solids?

Message 6 of 8
hosneyalaa

@oliveiraRXEYZ 

This line for civil pipe network  not cad solid

RESULT=obj.PartDataRecord.

Can you attached example drawing

And 

Which version of the civil 3d is used?

Message 7 of 8
oliveiraRXEYZ
in reply to: hosneyalaa

Yes, I'm working with 3d solids and my goal is to configure some specific properties of these objects in a custom PSet.
I'm using civil 3d 2023

oliveiraRXEYZ_1-1699464163914.png

Message 8 of 8
hosneyalaa

@oliveiraRXEYZ 

I am think  , that 3d solid not supported by

Reference Guide (ActiveX) enough

https://help.autodesk.com/view/OARX/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-5D302758-ED3F-4062-A254-FB57BAB01C44 

So , you need using api .net to read 3d solid  and put value in The right place 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report