AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale issue in model space

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Hoggie52
562 Views, 1 Reply

Scale issue in model space

I'm having an issue with the scale in model space.

When drawing (say a rectangle) 24" x 36", all I see is a "dot"on the dwg. Regardless of much I zoom in, it still shows only a dot (and when I Zoom Extent, it still shows the dot, but off-set to the corner of the screen.

Note, I am working in model space, not in any paper-space or VP's.

what am I missing?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Hoggie52

Have you installed the 2022.1.3 / 2023.1.5 / 2024.1.2 / 2025.0.1 Update yet? You never mention your year version. ABOUT command in your AutoCAD/LT will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD/LT: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables: if still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort.

Let us know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report