AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adesk confirms True/False Property Set Prop no worky.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mdhutchinson
840 Views, 1 Reply

Adesk confirms True/False Property Set Prop no worky.

We have been having an issue with being able to user select True or False option in Extended Data tab True/False Prop.

I made post to support page last October 2012... and Autodesk confirms this to be an issue.

Has anyone done a work-a-round?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mdhutchinson
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I found an acceptable work-a-round.

Do the following:

1. Create a List Definition named 'TrueFalse'.
  2. Set 'Applies To' ... 'Manual Property Definition'.
  3. On 'Items' tab, create two items. True, and False.
  4. In the PropertySetDefinition where you have Manual Properties set to  'True/False', change the Type to List.
  5. Edit the Source to your 'TrueFalse' List Definition.
  6. Set the default as you wish.
  7. Edit the Schedule Style.
  8. Ddelete the Columns that use the now broken True/False functionality.
  9. Replace the Columns you wish to show TrueFalse Dot symbol with a Formula Property.
  10. The formula should use Select Case statement as follows. See attached image.

Notes:

• Formula Properties defined in the PropSetDef will not result in the schedule using a 'Dot'.
  • Format has to be 'Unformatted'. Both the format control as well as the one in the 'Enter Sample Values' panel. I have found this to make a big deference. If this format is not set accordingly, the result will not be properly evaluated.
  • The Select Case works, but the otherwise equivelant 'If Then' statement does not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost