AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value from Formual Property to Manual Property

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ABanzhaf
686 Views, 4 Replies

Value from Formual Property to Manual Property

I just want the value i get from a formular property set to write in a manual property field. For a example i get the name of a person out of a formular i did, so the name is shown in formula field. Now i want to take this string and write it in a manual property field below.

I think it's a versy simple expression but i can't find it.

thank u !

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ABanzhaf

I am sorry, but you cannot do that.  A manual property definition is a manual property.  That means you have to input the information manually.  You need to either use the value in the original formula property definition or change the manual property definition to a formula property definition and just read the value from the original formula property definition.

Your only other option is to use custom programming such as C# or VB.NET to transfer the value from the formula to the manual definition.

Message 3 of 5
ABanzhaf
in reply to: Keith.Brown

ok thanks for the quick answer, so that means i can use another formular property and pick the information out as a string to write it in my other formular property  ? what would be the right expression to do that ?

thank you very much

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown

When you create the new formula property definition, in the section in the lower left of the Formula Property Definition dialog that pops up, just chose the property definition that you want to assign to the formula.

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

@ABanzhaf wrote:

ok thanks for the quick answer, so that means i can use another formular property and pick the information out as a string to write it in my other formular property  ? what would be the right expression to do that ?

thank you very much

Why do you want to push the value of a formula property to a manual property?  If you are doing this because you need to apply two different Property Data Formats to that value, then "duplicating" the value in another formula property, as @Keith.Brown stated, is going to be the easiest way to do so.

It may be possible to write VBScript code in a second formula property that would take the value from the first formula property and push it into a manual property**, but I cannot think of a reason why you would want to do that.

** - I have developed AutoLISP code that can write values to manual properties, and documented that in three blog articles, starting with this one.  I know others have done so with VBA.  It may (or may not) be possible to translate that into VBScript code that would work, but again, I cannot come up with a use case that could not satisfied by either the original formula property itself, or by a second one that just passes through the value of the first one.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost