Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is How to install autocad 2015 to windows 10

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
ar.zaher
220005 Views, 71 Replies

this is How to install autocad 2015 to windows 10

Well, I tried to install AutoCAD on Windows 10 but I faced a problem that the AutoCAD can't detect the dot net framework 4.5 on my computer , and when I try to fix that and download it from Microsoft, it says that .NET Framework is already part of the system. So, if U face this, don't give up. Here is what U have to do to fix this, step-by-step. 
--------------------

Well, the solution is easy. We should change a key in regestry then AutoCAD will be able to check the .NET Framework, but the problem is that we don't have access to change that, so we have to do some clicks to get the ownership of that key.

Here are the details: 
#1 - Go to "Regedit", and then go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client"

When U get the ownership of the "client" folder, change the key "version" to "4.5" and start installing.  😉 

When U finish installing, U can change this value back. 

Have fun! 

71 REPLIES 71
Message 21 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: david.lau

yes thats right , i mentioned that in comments too 😉
i will edit the main post , thx
Message 22 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: ar.zaher

for all who cant finish the steps , they have to click on this little boxes ,, to take " Full Control " ,, click on " Allow ".

Screenshot_12.png

Message 23 of 72
ar.zaher

for all who cant finish the steps , they have to click on this little boxes ,, to take " Full Control " ,, click on " Allow ".

original.png

Screenshot_12.png

Message 24 of 72
pendean

If you can't wait for Autodesk, you've already tried installing your ACA variant under Win10's Compatibility Mode (plus "run as administrator") and failed to get it to work, or Autodesk just won't support your ACA/ADTversion, you can buy a fix that works here and skip all the above posted so far http://www.longbowsoftware.com (not affiliated with it, just reporting what others found as a perfect fix).
Message 25 of 72
spaceman2

I cant change it to 4.5 it saids that it can't edit that version, issue at writing the new value
Message 26 of 72
pendean
in reply to: spaceman2

Message 27 of 72
tmahendrasingh

Now no need to do anything just update your system.microsoft providing new update to fix this issue,i had same problem but now it is fixed by updating.

Message 28 of 72
tmahendrasingh

bro update your system by windows update and reinstall autocad it will work.no need to do anything.microsoft providing new update about this issue.

Message 29 of 72
tmahendrasingh

I would suggest you to disable .NET framework 4.6 from the Turn Windows features on and off, install version 4.5 and then re-enable version 4.6.

To disable .NET framework 4.6 from Turn Windows features On and Off

Go to Control Panel and in the search bar, type "Turn Windows features On and Off."

From the "Turn Windows features On and Off" section, uncheck the .NET framework feature and wait for the setup to process and restart the computer. Once done, Install .NET framework 4.5 and then install Auto CAD on the computer.

Windows Compatibility Center.

Also check if it is compatible with Windows 10. Refer the link below to do so:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US

-microsoft

Message 30 of 72
tmahendrasingh

new solution-
I would suggest you to disable .NET framework 4.6 from the Turn Windows features on and off, install version 4.5 and then re-enable version 4.6.

To disable .NET framework 4.6 from Turn Windows features On and Off

Go to Control Panel and in the search bar, type "Turn Windows features On and Off."

From the "Turn Windows features On and Off" section, uncheck the .NET framework feature and wait for the setup to process and restart the computer. Once done, Install .NET framework 4.5 and then install Auto CAD on the computer.

Windows Compatibility Center.

Also check if it is compatible with Windows 10. Refer the link below to do so:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US

-microsoft
Message 31 of 72
ar.zaher

Its nice to hear that Microsoft finally fix it. I'm windows insider and ihve talked about this, but just fix it my own this way..
Message 32 of 72
WroooDude
in reply to: tmahendrasingh

Thanks!!!!!!!! It works for meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 33 of 72
menosesmas

Thank you very much ar.zaher

This workaround worked for me and AutoCAD 2015 64 bit version.

Message 34 of 72
ar.zaher

Welcome, glad to hear that
Message 35 of 72
pendean
in reply to: tmahendrasingh

With the recent release of hotfixes from Microsoft for Windows 10, most Autodesk packages should get installed without any issues. When you install Win 10, make sure to install all latest updates for Win 10 from MSFT before installing Autodesk Products.
Message 36 of 72
polo.rocha1
in reply to: JavierBonilla

Tenia el mismo problema y encontre la solucion... despues de realizar todos los pasos, vuelve a picarle a la carpeta client con el click derecho y le das en permissions, le das en advance y ahi picale abajo donde dice add(agregar), despues arriba donde dice select a principal, advance, find now, selecciona tu usuario, ok, marcas la casilla de full control, ok, ok, ok. listo ya puedes cambiar el nombre de la version.

Saludos.

Message 37 of 72
valdemirpaixao

Thank you!!! Finally I could install my Autocad 2015 after several days trying to do it. Thanks again!

Message 38 of 72
agrim.rigoberto

Thanks very much!! It,s perfect!!
Message 39 of 72
ar.zaher

Its nice to hear that this post help a lot of ppl 😉
Message 40 of 72
nie_e

It works! Thank you very much. Autodesk should post it somewhere in official knowledge base!

After successful installation should we again change pemission in regedit to the state before installation?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report