Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is How to install autocad 2015 to windows 10

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
ar.zaher
219997 Views, 71 Replies

this is How to install autocad 2015 to windows 10

Well, I tried to install AutoCAD on Windows 10 but I faced a problem that the AutoCAD can't detect the dot net framework 4.5 on my computer , and when I try to fix that and download it from Microsoft, it says that .NET Framework is already part of the system. So, if U face this, don't give up. Here is what U have to do to fix this, step-by-step. 
--------------------

Well, the solution is easy. We should change a key in regestry then AutoCAD will be able to check the .NET Framework, but the problem is that we don't have access to change that, so we have to do some clicks to get the ownership of that key.

Here are the details: 
#1 - Go to "Regedit", and then go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client"

When U get the ownership of the "client" folder, change the key "version" to "4.5" and start installing.  😉 

When U finish installing, U can change this value back. 

Have fun! 

71 REPLIES 71
Message 2 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: ar.zaher

For big resolution, I post those pics here, too. 
Anyway, if this post helps U let us know. 😉 

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_7.pngScreenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.pngScreenshot_10.pngScreenshot_11.png

Message 3 of 72
jon.nazabal

Thanxs a lot!!  I was about to reinstall the whole windows!!

Worked perfectly in my computer.

Message 4 of 72
JavierBonilla
in reply to: jon.nazabal

la verdad hago el intento al pie de la letra y no se puede cambiar ese valor esta complicado. sale erro que ese valor no se puede escribir ayudeme como soluciono ese inconveniente

Message 6 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: jon.nazabal

nice to hear that 😉 

Message 7 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: JavierBonilla

usted debe ver todas las fotos una a una, y hacer exactamente lo que se muestra, y entonces usted puede arreglarlo;)

Message 8 of 72
vixtor.rojas

Gracias, lo he solucionado.

@ar.zaher wrote:

usted debe ver todas las fotos una a una, y hacer exactamente lo que se muestra, y entonces usted puede arreglarlo;)

Message 9 of 72
kuzber
in reply to: vixtor.rojas

Message 10 of 72
tmahendrasingh

thanks it works bro 🙂 

Message 11 of 72
estuardojavier

Hi there, good day !

Just a little question, how to change the value of .NET 4.6.00079 to .NET 4.5 when i have already the permissions like administrator

to change this value. I have followed all the steps of the procedure you posted, but at the end, how it is supposed i must change this

value.

.net 4.5.png

I try to do it in this way:

modificar.png

then the next screen appear:

4.6.png

and then i change the value to 4.5 as next:

4.5.png

and then the next message appear:

ultimo.png

This message says that it is not possible to edit the version

Well, i would like you help me with this little problem.

I appreciate your help

bye bye

Message 12 of 72
ar.zaher

I think there is no problem.. Do it again after clean srart up.
Clear ur start up programs from "ctrl+alt+del" dialog. Then restart.
Then try..
If than didnt work,, try to do it in safe mode.. I think it will work. If it still not working.. Try to download teamviewer and contact me on "Zaher.Mohsen@gmail.com" i will give it a try too 😉
I hope it will works fine after vlean reastart. Give us a feed back if u solve it 😉
Message 13 of 72
autocad1DG

I had to do this for Windows 8.1 to get the 64-bit Autocad 2015 to install.

Installer kept failing on .net 4.5 and Microsoft would not let me install it b/c it is already part of the Windows 8.1 OS.

Sounds like same problem as with Windows 10 preview, so in my view Autodesk should fix it.

Message 14 of 72
ar.zaher

U should follow the pics guys... And ib case that didnt work with u, check when u get ownership of thus value in registry to get full access then u can edit it..
Message 15 of 72
autocad1DG
in reply to: pendean

I had to do the registry edit trick to get Autocad 2015 to install on 64 bit Windows 8.1.

This computer has never had any beta or preview OS installed on it so I think the problem deserves more research.

I saw in the setup.ini file in the folder where the setup.exe runs from that the installer should ignore the "missing" .net 4.5  

IGNORE_FAILURE=YES

but for me it would halt and the log showed .net 4.5 missing as the reason for the failure.

This reg hack allowed me to install it.

Message 16 of 72
ar.zaher

ah, then it works for u too, right,, 😉 Happy to hear that,
Message 17 of 72
karen.prudhoe

There's no client folder in my Registry Editor. Does this mean its not possible to download cad?

Message 18 of 72
david.lau
in reply to: karen.prudhoe

The last step is to change registry value back to 4.6.x when you are done!  One of my customers also mentioned the following:

"....those instructions mostly worked. I also had to give the logged on user full control to the key (in addition to making them the owner of the key), and push the rights down to the subkeys, then it worked for me."

David Lau
Message 19 of 72
taherone

NET.JPG

Message 20 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: david.lau

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client"

make sure its in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"

im sure there is Client in it 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report