AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split hatch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
julesvhoofoutlook
27156 Views, 5 Replies

Split hatch

Hello,

So i have this problem with splitting a hatch.. I have my file attached.

The thing is; i want to seperate this hatch so i can delete the part that's right of the red line and keep the part thats on the left.
I think i tried a lot of options but i probably just dont know how to do it.. I've tried to trim it but it always gives weird new hatches or the scale, color and size suddenly change.. Can anybody please help me and explain me how to do it? So that i keep the exact same hatch and it doesnt do all weird things and what not.. Thanks in advance!!

Jules

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: julesvhoofoutlook

"splitting" hatches can only be achieved if they where created with separate clicks, during creation.
Once drawn, all you can to is either: rehatch both sides of your brink separately or TRIM one side with your red line then HATCH the other side.
Message 3 of 6

@julesvhoofoutlook

Welcome to the community!

Assuming that you have AutoCAD Architecture, you can use the AECLineworkDivide command to divide a non-associative hatch into two separate pieces by selecting two points or selecting an object to define the dividing line.  It will work on an associative hatch as well, but the resulting hatches will be non-associative, even if the boundary object is a single, closed polyline and you include the polyline with the hatch in the same use of the command.

More that you ever wanted to know about this command can be found in this blog article.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
koypogi
in reply to: julesvhoofoutlook

1. Right click on the hatch you want to separate.

2. Choose generate boundary.

3. Erase the hatch.

4. On the boundary, create a line where you want the hatch to be split.

5. Create a new hatch using the boundary that has a line for the split.

Message 5 of 6

LINEWORKDIVIDE is the command you have to use

Message 6 of 6
andrew8QEC8
in reply to: pendean

Why is there never any way to do anything quickly in AutoCAD, even with lisp routines?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost