AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Current drawing is not a project drawing in the current project" (when it is)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robincapperw
734 Views, 3 Replies

"Current drawing is not a project drawing in the current project" (when it is)

If you get this message in AutoCAD Architecture/MEP while syncing a file/project:

"Current drawing is not a project drawing in the current project. Unable to continue with command."

It means the project configuration xml file for the drawing has been lost. These files should be created and managed by the software with no user intervention needed. The sheet displayed in the project navigator, opened and printed normally but just would not sync project standards. I have no idea what would cause this missing file as users need never edit the folder!

If you don't have a backup of the xml you can copy another from the same project location, rename it to match the troubled dwg and open in a text editor & modify the drawing name in the File Name= to match

Layout (L1).dwg gives error

Copy another xml to and rename to create Layout (L1).xml

Open in notepad and edit

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<File Name="Layout (L1)">
  <Version>67</Version>
  <Description></Description>
</File>

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @robincapperw,

Is this intended as a tip, or are you looking for information about the error and how to avoid it?

If it's just a tip, thank you for sharing!

If you need help with the error because it happens to you or your end users often, let me know, and we can look into it.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 4

Hi just a tip, the only reference I could find to this was in the old 2007 locked forum so couldn't put there!

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for posting it here, @robincapperw, where other users will be more likely to see it. And thank you for marking it as a solution to make it easier to find! Smiley Happy

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost