AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load standard Imperial template on New Project

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
-Ryan-
641 Views, 1 Reply

Load standard Imperial template on New Project

I've been trying to create a new project template that can be selected on every new project I create. I've saved it to my server. Now when I select New Project this template is selected. Where can I select the ACA 2017 standard Imperial template to re-load when creating a new project?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: -Ryan-

You can edit your template project and then edit the project properties to specify the desired template files to be used for various drawings in your project.

On the Project tab in Project Navigator, in the Current Project area, select the Edit Project tool in the Current Project header to open the Project Properties dialog.

Find the Templates category in the Project Properties dialog.  First thing is to decide whether or not you want to use a common template for Model/View files.  With this set to Yes, you will be able to assign two template files:  one for Model and View files (Elements, Constructs and all View files) and another for sheet files.  With this set to No, you will be able to independently assign templates for Elements, Constructs, General Views, Detail Views, Section/Elevation Views and Sheets.

Once your template files are assigned, select OK to dismiss the Project Properties dialog and have those choices saved to the template project.  New projects that are subsequently created from the template will have those template assignments.  You can, of course, then choose to change them for a given project, but by setting your typical or office-standard templates in the template file, most projects would be good to go.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost