AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load all layers from a layer standard file

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2815 Views, 14 Replies

Load all layers from a layer standard file

Hi everybody. 

Currently, in ACA 2014, under Layer Properties, there's the New Layer From Standard button where you can go in and create your AIA standardized layer. These are layer supplied by the current Layer Key Style.

My question is, how can I load all this layers from a Layer Key Style file into my drawing at the same time? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

The attached AutoLISP file defines a command called LKL, which will generate a layer for each layer key in the current Layer Key Style.

If a layer of that name already exists in the file, it will remain "as is" - even if the layer properties defined in the Layer Key Style are different from the properties of the layer in the file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

That is exactly what I needed. It works like a charm.

Thank you very much. Regards.

Message 4 of 15
llopez

Hello David, I'm trying to use LKL with AutoCAD 2018 but the last versíon that you had published was for 2017.
I,m trying to edit the LSP but I'm not sure what I need change.
Do you have an updated version or is possible tell me how can I do to fix it?

Regards!!!

Message 5 of 15
David_W_Koch
in reply to: llopez

In the OR statement that serves as the test for Condition A5, another line needs to be added to test for a value of 22.0, as the ACADVER system variable holds a value of "22.0s (LMS Tech)" in the 2018 version.  The atof function converts that string to a floating point value of 22.0.  The attached file has been updated to include the 2018 release.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 15
David_W_Koch

Here is an updated version that works in ACA 2019 as well.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 15
alex

Can you please update for 2020 & 2021 versions?

Message 8 of 15
David_W_Koch
in reply to: alex

@alex wrote:

Can you please update for 2020 & 2021 versions?

Sure, why not.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 15
jtm2020hyo
in reply to: Anonymous

are you trying to use it as a standard file?

Message 10 of 15
jtm2020hyo

is possible to create all Dimension Style, Layers, Line Types, Multi-Leader Style, and Text Style from the Style Manager?

for example, there exist an AEC_Stait_DIM (dim style) and similars can be just created when a determined style is used in the model and paper space, this is possible?

Message 11 of 15
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jtm2020hyo

@jtm2020hyo wrote:

is possible to create all Dimension Style, Layers, Line Types, Multi-Leader Style, and Text Style from the Style Manager?

for example, there exist an AEC_Stait_DIM (dim style) and similars can be just created when a determined style is used in the model and paper space, this is possible?

Those items are AutoCAD styles.  The Style Manager only gives access to AutoCAD Architecture object styles.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 12 of 15
David_W_Koch

Assuming that few, if any, people are still using ADT 2007 or earlier*, and further supposing that Autodesk will not choose to rename aeclmgrlisp.arx in future versions of AutoCAD Architecture, the attached LKL2008.lsp file drops the test for the running version, so it will work for AutoCAD Architecture 2008 and later, saving you all the bother of asking for a new version every year or two, and me the bother of updating it.  🙂

Loading this file creates a command called LKL.  When run, it checks to see if  aeclmgrlisp.arx is already loaded; if not, it tries to load it.  If it was already loaded or the attempt to load it worked, it generates layers for all layer keys in the current Layer Key Style.  If the load fails, it tells you so and does nothing.

* - If you somehow are running a version between ADT3.3 through ADT 2007, just use the previously posted LKL.lsp file.  If you are also running AutoCAD Architecture 2022 (coming soon!) or later, grab LKL2008.lsp as well. 

The test for the current version made sense when the program was first written, back in 2008; not so much now.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 13 of 15
jtm2020hyo

I think maybe is possible to do the same process with Layer Keys Styles for extract AutoCAD Vanilla Styles from AutoCAD Arch Style Manager, something like:

image.png

aec_stair_m dim Style just appears when a Stair Style is used, I mean could be possible to extract all styles hidden inside Standard Styles inside Style Manager, I think this could do a lot more easily create a standard file (dws), because actually is hard.

maybe if you have not time, could give us some indication to do it.

Message 14 of 15
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jtm2020hyo

Aec_Stair_M appears to be part of the out-of-the-box Aec Model (Metric Stb).dwt template file from the United States metric content.  The display properties of the "Plan" (Plan, Plan High Detail, Plan Intermediate Level, etc.) and "Reflected" (Reflected, Reflected Screened) Display Representations for Stairs include a reference to a Dimension Style that is used for the arrow on the Path up and Path down components.  Importing a Stair Style into a drawing will bring that Dimension Style in from the source file for the Stair Style, if one of that name does not already exist in the file.

The Dimension Style and the Stair Style are in the source file referenced by the tool palette tool, the Styles Browser item or the file from which you copy the Stair Style in Style Manager.  There is no place to go in "Style Manager" where that Dimension Style can be found.  The program that generates the layers from the current Layer Key Style is not going to Style Manager; it is pulling the data from the Layer Key Style in the current drawing.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 15 of 15
David_W_Koch

Here is a screen shot of the Other tab in the Plan Display Representation for Stairs, Drawing Default settings, showing the Other tab and the location where the Dim Style is assigned.

2020-12-06_StairStyle_DisplayProperties_DrawingDefault_Other_DimStyle.png

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report