AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join several DWG files into one single DWG file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Baqari
3532 Views, 4 Replies

How to join several DWG files into one single DWG file

hi everyone 

i was wondering if i could join several DWG files into one DWG file , without COPY/PASTE tool. i have many DWG files exported from Revit and i need them to be in a single file. i do not need any Xref of linked linked files. I want to join them, just like Adobe Acrobat Reader does with PDF files. 

Thanks for your attention... 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Baqari

You can export from Revit into a single file - there is a check box that controls whether views on sheets and linked models are exported as external references or not.

That said, if you have an AutoCAD file with external references, the BIND command can be used to bring them into the host drawing, as "internal" block references.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Baqari
in reply to: David_W_Koch

No i don't want an external references, so i do not need a BIND command in AutoCAD. That checkbox in Revit means will i have in AutoCAD an external references (Xref) or not. I'm not interested in that.  In Revit i have many sheets and i would love to export them in a single file. But Revit creates a single DWG for each exported Sheet (or view, no matter). I need them in one file, so i need to know how to export from Revit all Sheets together or how to join those exported DWG files in AutoCAD Architecture..

Message 4 of 5
leothebuilder

You can use the Sheet Set Manager, or the Project Navigator to "collect" the sheets for easy access, plotting etc.

Message 5 of 5
dbroad

AutoCAD is not Adobe Acrobat. One file is not typically a multi-document object.  Cut and paste, xref, insert, and layout template are the only ways to combine documents AFAIK.  If you don't want the package objects, explode inserts or bind xrefs.  It seems like you are already familiar with AutoCAD's limitations though.  To collect multiple documents for plotting, sheet sets or sheet lists can be used.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost